Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need some advice please

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:26 AM
  • 2 Replies

I just dont know what to do anymore.  My fiance is being nothing but a negative person.  No matter what I say to him he always reactes and speaks in a negative way.  I really miss the conversations that we use to have...we use to talk for hours about whatever.  But now to get him to talk is the hardest thing in the world.  Last night he asked me for ideas and I brought up a few and he said nothing but negative remarks.  Just to get a conversation going I asked him "if you had a million dollars what would you spend it on"?  and he started off good..he said a house and getting my teeth fixed...then he went downhill from there....he said "but why even talk about it, i aint ever gonna have a million dollars"...finally after having enough of his negativity I said to him..."it was just a conversation started...to get us talking, all you are is being negative again"  then I said to him, "i miss us talking about whatever, why cant you try harder"?  and he didnt answer me.  So I just went to bed. Then this morning he woke up like nothing was ever tense last night.  How can he do that?  Just to go on like nothing that happened last night happened.   I dont get it. 

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hazelkat
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:31 AM

From my experience they learn negitivity from somewhere.  My husband had picked up a lot of negative from his side of the family.  He luckily recognizes it (sometimes) and when we are laid back and not tense I bring up a negative comment he made. He is much more likely to listen later when things are calm then when he's intense about something.  We work at it and it just gets better and better.  You'll find the right words to say and your husband will catch on, like working with a child sometimes you know?  =)

jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:37 AM

He could be depressed... men show it differently than woman do.  Talk to him later this evening or tomorrow about what you notice about him and the changes.  He may not realize it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)