Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms that had a csection in the past couple yrs

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:24 AM
  • 26 Replies

how long did ur recovery take? were u very painful after? i just found out im prego with #2 and with #1(who is now almost 2) i had vaginal and he got stuck they had to use forceps, suction, and i had a 3rd degree tear so im pretty set on a c section but my husbands a recruiter and wont b able to take time off so i wont have much help so need some info about c sections b4 i decide

i had an epidural with my son so im not worried about getting another.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Mine were easy.

I was up showering within a few hours and I didn't need any pain meds afterwards. I decided to go home less than 24 hours later and had no problems.

My first was a little more difficult because I was in labour for 27 hours and had staples. My scar keloided, so I requested stitches the second time and they cut out my old scar. I had my last c section 16 months ago and I can't even see the scar anymore.

I would go for the vaginal birth though if I were you. The chances of another baby becoming stuck are pretty slim. You probably would not have torn like that without the forceps and vacuum either. Both of mine were necessary, but I am definitely having a natural birth for the next baby!

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

Masons_Mommy08
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I guess mine was normal.......I had to have an emergency c-section because my son's heart rate was dropping really low.  My healing process I think took longer than most because I had an infection in the incision that took forever to heal. I was also all by myself, my husband had to leave to go back to Iraq 6 days after my son was born. They tell you not to drive, or go up stairs and stuff anf being alone I had to do all of those things, I didnt have a choice to take it easy and relax. I was in alot of pain for about 2 months, but everyday got better. They say it takes a year or more to actually completley heal from a c-section

lundaylove
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM

mine was easier than my vbac but i didnt have a good doctor or anything so i think that contributed to it all. But the csection was easy. I was up and walking around after a couple of hours and my ob let me leave the hospital before 24 hours as i needed to travel 1.5 hours away to see my girls in the NICU since they were born 12 weeks early. All in all i think the worst part of recovery was the bladder spasms i had for 2 weeks when trying to pee, but i rarely took the pain meds they gave me and all that. I think staying as active as i did helped me greatly.

Oh you said your hubby was a recruiter? He should get up to 10 days paternity leave. I do not believe they can deny him that. He should look into it, cuz he should be there for you.

awesome young navy wife and mom to bouncing mom crazy kiddos under 3 years old who will rear face until the limits of their seats cuz I know its 5x safer to rear face longer!

sgtwalkerswife
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:41 AM

with our first he got the faternity leave but he was infantry and just back from deployment with recruiting he doesnt get leave

autumnsmommy02
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

I'm electing to have a VBAC. My C-section was horrible and took forever to heal. I was still in pain and couldn't do a whole lot even weeks afterwards. Heck I could barely walk even 2-3 weeks after having mine. Same with 2 of my friends. We all took about 4-8 weeks to heal. Then the pains were not even completely gone then. It still took a few months before I could get back to doing everything I was doing before my c-section. I could never see chasing a toddler after a first c-section.

I agree with the pp that said not to go c-section and that your child probably won't get stuck this time around. Every pregnancy and delivery is different and this one might go smooth. C-section is a major abdominal surgery and puts both you and baby at higher risk of complications.

OB says February 5th but I know better! :)

tiffanysgirls
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM

I had 3 c-sections and the first one was the hardest. I ended upstaying for 5 days in the hospital. (my 2nd and third c-sections I was able to leave a day and a half post-op).  It really all depends on the person and how your body reacts to the surgery. My advice is to get mobile as soon as you can. The sooner you are moving around the faster you heal and feel better. But, do NOT overdue it....listen to your body. I would not plan for it to be super easy...always plan for the worst. Expect to be in the hospital for 3 days and need help caring for the baby for the first week home. GL!

EmilyLuvsMommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

well i had a c section with my 1st child!!!! i was high risk when i was pregant!!!! they indues my labor and i only diealeted 6cm and then stop!!! so i had to have an emerngecy c section!!!! i had alot of problems with the c section!!!! after my daughter was born i cold blued!!! they had to shock me in order to get my heart rate back up again!!!  after i recovered from the shockin.....i was in alot of pain from the c section!!! i had 16 stapels and it felt like i was tearin my skin when i got up to walk!!!! so before u deiced to have a c section think about the problems u could have!!!!

ajh629
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM

i have had two c-sections...first thing that i would say is just because one labor didn't go perfectly doesn't mean that the next won't so don't automatically assume c-section...it is an invasive surgery and comes with risks...that said...my c-sections were not a big deal...my first was planned due to baby being breech...my second i had attempted a vbac and then my baby had to go and be 16 days late so he was out of fluid and that was causing cord compression...so it wasn't an emergency but it wasn't planned either...and for me the recovery wasn't a big deal...i was home within 48 hours each time...i didn't need the pain meds once i was home and i pretty well resumed normal stuff within a week...i never had issues with going up stairs or carrying the baby or anything...but everyone is different...i was highly motivated to be fine following the surgery...i think a lot of it is how good of shape you are going in and how much you lay around after...get up and moving and you will feel better faster!

shis_mama
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I had a c-section with my DD. She was emergency/non-emergency c-section, my water had broke at 11:15 the night before I was suppose to be induced and my hospital was an hour away. I was given pitocin to try and speed it up around 6 that morning, and by 9:30 the doctor made me get an epidural. I only made it to 2 cm in a 15 hour time span from when my water broke till they decided on a c-section. They gave me to much of the medicine to where I had to remind myself to breath while they were doing it. I was stiched on the inside and then stapled. I did not get to see her before they took her to the nursery. I was in the recovery room for less time than most, but it took me till the next day to be able to get up and shower with my husbands help. If it was not for him I would not had moved. But once I got home I took one pain killer in the morning and one at night and was off of them by the 2nd week. But I then had a hole develop and found out that I was allergic to the suture stitchs, the most hypoallergenic ones. So that opened around a month and took about a month to close up. When we have our next one, if we can we have had 2 miscarriages in a year and a half, I would love to have a VBAC.

imechard
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I had a vaginal delivery first. It was pretty much the same as yours. He was stuck and I pushed for almost six hours. Thank goodness my dr never used forceps etc. My son was born with a birth injusry because of it though. The second one we tried inducing early, which failed and I ended up with a c-section. It was not THAT bad, but healing was way worse than with the vaginal delivery and took longer. It was more painful and it was harder to care for baby let alone the toddler that was also there. I am pregnant again and again hope for a vaginal delivery because it seems much easier on my body. I would say that the first two weeks after a c-section you can really use some help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)