Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

confused and needing advice

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM
  • 2 Replies

Ok so here it is i am confused and am not sure what to do.  My boyfriend and i have been together for almost 4 years, we have two beautiful daughters, 2 and a half years and 2 and a half months.  I think i am a pretty good mom with lots of patients. I take care of them the best i can, i work, i do all the cleaning, all the laundary, and all the grocery shopping, oh yeah and all the cooking, and pay half if not more of the bills.  So my thing is that he plays this damn online game (WOW) world of warcraft, and i hate it.  It takes up all of his time when he is not working, oh yeah and hes not working that much lately either, business is slow for him.  He's been playing this game for about 2 years now and he is so addicted to it its rediculous.  We dont fight at all except about this game.  It has almost split us up more than once and he does not want to compromise.  It also makes him nasty to me and the girls when he is playing, if he gets interrupted while playing, he yells and gets a bad attitude.  I have told him that if it doesnt change that i am done, i cant take it anymore.  Just recently he has added some of the people he plays on there with to his msn, and talks with them through there now to.  Now i am not a jealous person until i saw some of the things that are being said which should not be at all, if you have a girlfriend.  I have not yet talked to him about this but i want to and am not sure how to approach the situation.  I feel so alone cause i dont have the man i fell in love with, we barely talk about anything.  When i bring this up to him it changes a ittle for like a week then goes back.......we just recently had another argument about it and decided we where gonna split up and now he is being all sweet and caring again....so what do i do, set myself up to get hurt again or be strong and just say i dont want this anymore?  I also havent told him that i saw what he was saying to this girl either......so please help me out here 

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM
I know that those games can be as addictive as booze, drugs, or cigarettes... and I have seen on cafemom where WOW has ended more than one relationship/marriage... Dr. Phil even had a couple on in the past couple of years with this problem... What did he say to this girl?

kids-have-my-heart.gif 

ZOEYSMOM1220
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I have very little patience for this type of crap, so if it were me, I would go stay with family if you can for a while to show him your not messing around.  He's not gonna take you serious until he knows he has to.  Good luck!  What'd he say to the girl btw?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)