Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMFG!!!!! You will not believe what he did!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Name help please?????

Options:

Zoey Dorothy-Grace

Zoey Grace

Marlena Dorothy-Grace

Other ( please add your own suggestion)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 76

View Results

So at my 38 week appointment yesterday the doctor finally took me off the procardia for stopping labor. So that means this baby girl could be here anytime. But we still have no name. We have a few first names we like but none we love and agree on.

Our first daughter has a hypenated middle name honoring both mine and my husband's maternal grandmothers. My husband and I would like to also honor our paternal grandmothers by hypenating this baby girl's middle name too. That way also both of our girls would have the same amount of names and there would never be the thought that we didn't put enough thought into her name if she only had 1 middle name.

The problem is that the only name we agree on, doesn't sound right with our grandmother's names following it. Hubby thinks it sounds fine but I don't like it. The first name I like put together with the granmother's names sounds fine to me, but hubby doesn't like the first name.

Hubby likes Zoey Dorothy-Grace, but I don't like dorothy following Zoey. I do like Zoey Grace though it wouldn't be a hypenated middle name!!!

I like Marlena Dorothy-Grace, but hubby doesn't like Marlena.

Our daughter picked out the name Zoey. SHe is Zahrah so we like the 2 Z names for our girls!!!

So here's where we need your help ladies. Any help or name suggestions you could offer would be awesome!!!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I think Dorothy Grace on it's own is very pretty.

hollie0705
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I personally love the name Zooey Grace but I really dont like the name Dorothy. I think it sounds really out dated & old. But that is my opinion!!

busybee911
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM
I like the first one. Is it supposed to be pronounced like Zoe?
imechard
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Did those grandmothers have a middle name, they might be easier to combine. I like Zooey better than Marlena.

mommyofa147
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Quoting hollie0705:

I personally love the name Zooey Grace but I really dont like the name Dorothy. I think it sounds really out dated & old. But that is my opinion!!

same here it is way out dated

brandi185
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM

i like dorothy grace.  i like classic names and zooey is so common these days.  i like the hyphinated middle name, i have one, but a first name ending in the e sound followed by a middle name ending in an e sound just doesn't blend well.  like my name is brandi cynthia-dawn.  so something like zooey dorthia-grace would be nice. 

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Is it going to be pronounced Zoo EE as or Zo ee?

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:43 AM
I don't like Marlena at all.. it reminds me of that devil possessed lady on Days of Our Lives, lol... and I love Zoey but Zooey? ewwwwey. Gooey. Happy birthday to you, you belong is a zoo, you look like a monkey, and you act like one, too... it's horrible, since you asked!!!

kids-have-my-heart.gif 

mommanesh
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I like marlena grace.  There are way too many zoey's (if that's how it's pronounced).  Dorothy just doesn't sound good with any of them.

MommyAkaTiffany
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM

why not Zooey Grace-Dorothy? if you don't like Dorothy after Zooey could you switch the two middles around?

Good Luck!! kissing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)