Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help asap.... bleeding at 33 weeks!!!! piog

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:55 AM
  • 16 Replies

My sister is 33 weeks pregnant and at her 21 week ultrasoung the told her that the placenta was low lying, but that it was no big deal the further along she got the placenta should move up.

Well she woke up at 5am this morning to go to the bathroom and when wiped it was pink so she wiped again and it was bright red. she brushed it of went back to bed and when she got up to go the bathroom again about an hour ago it's still bright red. so she called her dr's ofice and the lady is spose to talk to the dr, and call her back and let her know if she is to go to the er or go their office.  I told her if the dr hasen't called back within an hour were going to the er.

We're really freaking out here as we've never expierianced anything like this before. if it is placenta previa and the placenta is starting to detach what heppens then?

Please ladies any advice is appriciated and needed; if you don't know please bump! 

she's not cramping at all! just bleeding

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MAXnBRYCESmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM

If her placenta is low lying and she is bleeding, she needs to call her doc.

~Annie~

sararsara
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Take her to Labor and Delivery now..they can call you on the way there. GO!

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM
GO TO L and D NOW....... DO NOT WAIT.

kids-have-my-heart.gif 

msmagpie83
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Screw going to the doctor... That could potentially be her baby's life she's brushing off.  Tell her to go to the hospital ER, and they will immediately refer her to L&D because she's over 20 weeks.  There, they can monitor her and find out where the bleeding is coming from.  It could be anything from a placental abruption (which, the baby can be saved if you don't procrastinate) to just the cervix bleeding from hard sex or something.  Tell her not to take the chance and to go. 

I'm a cloth diapering making and usingvaccinating, pro-breastfeeding, pro-life, baby wearing, Christian, full time student gonnabe midwife, part time employee, married to my love, cake decorating, scrapbookingMama to a SIDS Angel and one baby on earth

MommyAkaTiffany
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:59 AM

call the doctor on the way to the ER and leave NOW!

Good Luck!! kissing

canthaveboys1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Quoting sararsara:

Take her to Labor and Delivery now..they can call you on the way there. GO!

This!

lundaylove
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

i would not wait at all. Head to LnD now! If the placenta detaches she'd have to deliver right then and there via csection and the baby is still too early to be born. Do not wait!

awesome young navy wife and mom to bouncing mom crazy kiddos under 3 years old who will rear face until the limits of their seats cuz I know its 5x safer to rear face longer!

OliviasMom0306
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Go to L and D NOW!!!  The doc can call you there or on your way!  Don't wait go, NOW!

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Quoting Mom2LiamNMolly:

GO TO L and D NOW....... DO NOT WAIT.

retsillacam
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM

she needs to GO TO THE HOSPITAL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)