Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A nagging nanny or a concerned mama

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM
  • 2 Replies
I've worked for this family for years and I noticed that one of the kids "curtis" doesn't like me or my daughter. Now, due to work scheduling, my daughter comes with me to work and rides to and from school with this family. I keep the youngest while the parents work. EVERY morning we walk in the house this one kid immediately runs for the door rushing my daughter out of the house even when its not time to go. I realize he does this because he doesn't want my girl to play with his sis (the one I keep). He gets angry sometimes and huffs and puffs when the two hug and play as if the fact that his sis loving my daughter so much, is hurting him. Today he tried telling his sis "mia" that her mom wanted her (which was a lie) and told my girl "tiff" to cmon outside. It wasn't even time to go! THiS IS EVERDAY for 3yrs now.

After school they walk across the street to catch a ride home and one day he'll gripe cuz tiff wanted to walk and not run, the next day its vice versa. During the summer when tiff comes with me he won't let her play with anything! One day he tells me his mom says they can't play on the computer for right now (parents are strict about too much tv and computer time) and I said well that's YOUR moms rule for yall. This is MY kid and I say its ok. He didnt like that. In my face (not his moms) at church where I also work and his family attends he says he wished I hadn't come. He says rude things all the time to me and my daughter but never in his parents presence. Am I being petty and childish? I want to speak to his mom becuz this hurts my daughter. The other kids treat her fine as long as HE isn't around. I'm not saying they have to be best friends but tiff is my kid and I have to put her 1st so if our being here is an issue then we need to go. I kinda feel he thinks cause we're black and work for the parents, we are inferior. I know better.
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
truely914
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I think you should talk to your friend about it... so she aware of the situation.   

Good luck.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I have issues with my dd's cousin. He is alright when they are by themselves. well, for a while anyways. If they get around other kids, he treats my  dd horrible. He if 7 and my dd 5, and it has been about 2 yrs of this crap. Even when they play together or do sleepover, he will lie and say my dd is doing things and get dd in trouble. I know my dd and could tell he was upsetting her and that he was lying. My dd eventually started fighting back and they go back and forth. She does just play and he usaully gets moody and starts it off. Lately, my dd started coming home from his house acting very rude to me, like he is to her and his mother. His mother lets him get his way and I am finally done and do not want them to play or hang out. The boy calls me asks to sleepover, and I tell him we can't. UnlessI have to see her son at a family event, I choose not to hang out with them. I would have a harder time if it was part of work. Are you discipining the boy for leading her outside? That is dangerous. As far as the other things, not much you can do. You can not make him get along with your dd. Maybe give him one-on-one when the 2 girls are playing. You could do school work with him and try praising him and encourage him to show you what he can do. That way attention is on him and he is not fighting for attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)