Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Survivors of the 30's thru 70's...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:56 AM
  • 1 Replies

I love the response of my post "To those born between 1930 and 1979...."   so I was wondering... what was the first computer your family had, cable box, game system?  What was the favorite game you played with friends (indoors and out).  What is your favorate childhood memory?  What were some of the antics you pulled?

The first computer we had was a Commodore 64 and no one could use the damn thing...LOL.  We first had an Omani system and you had to tape the background to your tv to use it.  After that we got an Atari 5200.  We always played hide and seek or some version of sit down tag as well as "Star Wars" (like cowboys and Indians).  We played "Jaws" board game or Titanic... would love to find another one.  I remember running to the car as a kid and trying to yell for dibs on the front seat against my sister.  If we were both in the back seat (2 adults in the car)  I would lay my hand right on the "line" that divided her half from mine just to drive her crazy.  My friends and I would wander through the open foot hills around our houses and look for snakes and lizards and just make mischief... mom never worried and we were back by dark.  We would wander through each other house to grab drinks but our moms always had plenty of Kool-Aid and Hi-C and no one locked their doors.  Those were the day.

I was born in Feb of 72 and now the mom of a beautiful 18th old boy... and you?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)