Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crib Recall???

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have had my crib since July 2005. We used it with my first son (my step son) but we obviously didnt have him every night. We never had any problems with it.  My 7 month old son has been sleeping in it now since he was 4 months. This morning I woke up to him screaming and I go in there and his foot is caught in between the bars!!! I couldnt believe it? Has this happened to anyone else??? I'm super concerned and not sure how to find out if this crib has been recalled or what. Just doesnt seem right

. What do you ladies think? And please share stories if this has happened to you too! Thanks!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
canthaveboys1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:36 PM

There was a huge crib recall, I would google it. I know I got mine in early 2004 and it was recalled. I got it from Sears. 

peanutsmommy1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM

check the consumer product safety commission website for a recall list

rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM

You can try google or the company's website to see if that particular crib was recalled.

CafeMom Tickers
mommytoG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Look underneath it and get the brand name and style number and then google it.

Simplicity had the biggest recall for baby bed that history has ever had. Several babies died because the rail broke and they suffocated. And the company is no longer in business so its hard to get a replacement bed

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
JADIEBUG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM

The foot stuck between the bars is a common thing to happen. It happens to my son with either his arm or foot. It has nothing to do with a crib recall. I know his crib is not recalled.

CamdensMom12
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM

That's what I found out. They told me to get a crib shield.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

The foot stuck between the bars is a common thing to happen. It happens to my son with either his arm or foot. It has nothing to do with a crib recall. I know his crib is not recalled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)