Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM
  • 2 Replies

i really need some tips and advice. my daughters two and a half and not potty trained...

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
squidsmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM

This is what we did, we got a potty and put it in the living room. We let her run around naked because she wasn't good at pulling pants down, I asked her about every 5-10 minutes if she needed to pee and if she said no too many times, I would have her sit and try. We gave lots of praise when she went.

OliviasMom0306
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I'm in the same boat.  My daughter is 2 1/2 yrs old and we just started.  We went to start back right before her birthday but she had a staph infection that went to MRSA and she ended up in surgery.  Her incision was on the inside towards the back of her upper leg so she wouldn't sit on anything without clothes.

I constantly take her in, at least every hour if not 2-4 times, along with anytime I go to the bathroom she goes.  I also bring her potty chair out the whatever room we are in that way if she decides to tell me before the timer goes off I have it right there.

Make sure you give lots of praise.  Any time she actually goes to the bathroom she gets a special treat, like a few M&Ms, a popsicle, we'll spend a little extra time outside, stuff like that.  If she doesn't go the bathroom she still gets praise for trying, we just don't give her the other rewards.

Hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)