Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 19month old daughter will not stay in her crib!! She climbs right out! The crib is lowered all the way! What do I do?? I went to lay to down at 11 her nap time and 2mins after I walk out shes knocking on the door! Every time I put her in her crib she gets out. I dont know what to do. Any Ideas??

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Off the top of my head... she might be ready for a toddler bed now.  Look into some at your resale store.

Lovingit2908
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I thought the same thing, the only problem with that is keeping her in her bed at bedtime. :-/

peanutsmommy1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM

time to move out of the crib

just put a gate in her doorway at bedtime

ksinclair
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Yep, she's outgrown the crib.  Put her in a toddler bed, or on the floor, make sure her room is 100% toddler proofed & put a gate at the door so she can't get out.  VERY dangerous to keep her in a crib that she can crawl out of. 

CafeMom Tickers
mommytoG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Yep time for a big girl bed and gate at the door so she cant get out. Nap time will get interesting, but she will eventually go to sleep and stay in her bed. We had to get my son a tv and dvd player for him to stay. He would watch a movie for about 45 minutes and then the tv turned off by itself and he knew that meant time to go to sleep

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
AniyahMom09
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:50 PM

it is time for a toddler bed cause she is to big for the crib now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)