Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like the worst best friend

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM
  • 1 Replies

My best friend text me this morning, she is pregnant. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative.  I know its selfish since its my 3 I am trying for and its her 1 but I cant feel happy for her. I am acting like it for her sake but my poor husband has been watching me cry all day. Her husband is being deployed in October and she decided she didnt want him here while she was pregnant so the decided to TTC. I feel like such a horrible best friend for not being able to be happy for her right now. We would have been due within a week of each other if I was pregnant. She is also moving back here in October when her hubby deploys so I will be around her the whole pregnacy. I will throw the baby shower and be there for her whenever she needs but right now I feel like my heart was pulled out of my chest and put in a blender. I really thought I was pregnant. I had all the signs and still do but the tests keep coming out negative. I dont even know if I will be able to deal with the baby shower this weekend I am going to. I will know for sure I am not pregnant the day of the shower (besides that the test was negative and its 93% accurate right now).

in love Cassi and Tony 12/10/07ttc TTC #3 baby boy Landon 09/23/08toddler girlEmily 05/19/07

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
crazypinkzebra
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I would go get a blood test.  I had a friend do that to me when I found out I was pregnant with my first.  She was upset because she was trying for her second for a long time.  She also had the symptoms and took all the tests and they were negative.  I told her to go to the doctor and get a blood test and what do you know she was pregnant.  Now we are three weeks apart from each other.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)