Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm having a problem...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

banging head into wallHas ANYONE ever felt that your kids annoy you?  I know, strange question to ask but I am having a very difficult time here...for the past couple of days I have been very annoyed with my 5 yr old son.  Everything that he does just bothers me and I want him to leave me alone.  Don't get me wrong I do not mistreat him in any way or neglect him in any way I still do the motherly duties that I have but it's like this overwhelming feeling that I just want him to leave me alone. School here doesn't start for another 2 weeks and him and I have been home pretty much the whole summer.  My DH works and goes to school 3 nights a week, and I've just been here at home with our son.  We have been remodeling and rearranging the house so of course it's a mess in this place everywhere I turn.  I started reading again after like 3 or 4 years since I've picked up a good book I'll just read until 2 to 3 in the morning which I enjoy because at that time I am by myself and noone is bothering me.  ALl I want to do is listen to music and dance around the house like I use to when I was single but I can't really do that here...I'M NEVER ALONE!!!!!!!!!  Sorry......................I had to scream a moment there. 

I wanted to know if anyone out there has felt like this or worse.  I mean I can't take this anymore I just want to run away and scream....ugh....I'm just so bothered.frustrated

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mbrackett
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM

oh i'm so with you, my 5 and 6 year old girls are on my last nerve I can't with til school starts haha.  The other day I was so annoyed with them asking for things, I just put them in my bedroom and put on a movie.  2 hours of bliss.  but then it was back to constant I'm hungry I'm thirsty, she hit me, no she hit me, mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy.  I try so hard to keep them busy but it does not seem to work well...ugh...

jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:37 PM

If you can ask your SO/DH to take him for a day or evening and go out.  See a movie, shop, whatever you like.  You can also ask a friend or family member to take him for awhile and relax at home.  It doesn't mean you are a bad mom... you just need a break!

farrah
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I do have moments of irritation but for the most part I really enjoy my child. Why can't you dance around the house and let him join you. I also believe in the fake it until becomes true. Act like you are having fun playing games with him, playing with toys, coloring, etc etc and you will actually start having fun.

Also it sounds like you are cooped up in the house, even if you can't go anywhere just go outside and let him run, it will probably ease tension for both of you.

CmomR
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I sometimes feel that way too! I just became a mother last yr we adopted a 3 yr old (now 4)and are now fostering a 2 month old! I understand the wanting to be alone! I quit working to care for these 2 and have been home for 9 months and I too feel like I just cant get any alone time!! I recently started going to yardsales saturday morning just to be alone bad thing about that is I have to get up early (so no sleeping in) and am spending money I dont have on things I dont need!! Ha ha!

But I get it! I feel like everything my 4 yr old does is annoying or wrong and I get mad. Not at him but just mad and I keep it bottled up and am losing my mind sometimes! I love them both but need a break! My husband tries to help but they (men) are just not equipped with the mommy smarts and he constantly asks for help! Im like hey no one is here helping me 24/7!! So now im getting annoyed with him too!!! AGH!!!!

Hey at least your starts school soon you should find relief then. But what about me?!?!?!?! ha ha! I will be alright.

swizzlefiz
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I'm getting that way too.  DD starts school on the 24th and I can't wait!  I love her so much, but I'd REALLY like to start sewing.  I don't even try when shes here b/c It really bugs me if she bothers me.  I think its mostly b/c you have other things you need/want to be doing.  Thats when it gets to me.  I try to just back off of those things until I can get the time I want/need.

ravensgirl83
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I'm so with you. My son is 2 1/2, and I'm a SAHM. So, not only am I with him 7 days a week, nonstop, he's also hit the lovely terrible 2's. What makes it worse is he is just like me, so we're constantly butting heads. I joke with my hubby, saying around the time he gets home from work I develop a twitch in my eye. Because, if I here mommy juice please, or it's mine, or watch Spongebob one more time, I feel like I'm gonna crack. Usually I can block most of it, but when I can't I turn on my I-pod, and dance around the house, and make dinner, while he's playing or watching the notorious Spongebob, lol.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
kiddosX8
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Oh the joys of motherhood!! Please don't feel that you are alone. Any mother that tells you she has NEVER been annoyed by her child is either a liar, or some sort of saint! Just try to find something for you. Maybe on the nights your hubby is home you could take off to do something YOU enjoy...ALONE!! I think the way you feel is completely normal, just as long as it doesn't cause you to act out towards your child. It is hard being with a kid ALL the time...Good luck, and if you need someone to talk to...get in touch!!

Stacy

Mommyofmegan
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Been there, done that...and doing it again.   Don't get me wrong, I like you, love my girls, but the 2 year old is a force to be reckoned with.  I pick her up from day school and she is my hip from then on. I don't like whining, so I spend 30 minutes, one on one, quality time with her and her alone. Then I let her know that mommy has other things to do and to be a big girl and play with her dolly now.  Then I can spend time with my teen girls, my hubby and house chores. She still follows me through the house, but plays by herself. I have cleaned out a cabinet in the kitchen which is her playhouse and that's usually where you can find her and her dolly. But, if I leave the room, she will hunt me down. I just always remember, this is a phase, soon enough this will end. You will blink and they will be all grown up. Enjoy it while you have it.  :) 

My girls are my Angels on Earth - Proud Mommy

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.

They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

truely914
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Everyone needs time to themselves.   I think you need a day and night to yourself.  a couple hours is not enough at the this point.  Have a family member or friend take him for the night.  You will feel energized when you go back to pick him up.    I just did this on Friday.  I had a action packed day and had a blast.

sky375
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM
DD will be 10 months tomorrow. I do work 40 hours a week. I still get this feeling. Like I cant shower or even go to the bathroom with out a guest. I love her and she is learning that sometimes Mommy has to wash dishes or cook supper and she cant come in. I am going to my cousins on Friday and not coming home till 9 am on Saturday. It took some juggling DD will be with my mom till 8 pm on Friday and then from 7-9 am on Saturday. My family understands that I will pull my hair out. I have only "gone out" 3 times since she was born. and have never spent a night away from her. I wonder if I can do it?

Even if you can only take a hour during nap time ( does your LO still nap?) Try to be free during that time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)