Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Guardians

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:35 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am the guardian for the weak and the helpless.  I am the guardian of all you hold dear to you. I am the protector of those who cannot help themselves, of those who shiver in fear in the dark.  I am the voice of those who have none.  I will gladly share what little I have to those who have none.  I will come by land, sea or air when I am needed without hesitation or reservation.  I will stand with those who will stand by my side. I will not back down, I will not run, I will not turn away.  I will gladly fall so that you and yours may be assured another day.  I don't ask for praise or pricey endorsements. I do not ask for thanks, parades or even for you to remember my name.  All I ask is a respectful laying to rest of my fallen comrades and one meal and one hour of sleep for the rest.   I am the forgotten ones.  I was/ am/ will be Military Service man/woman.

That is the unspoken motto of those who serve this country.  I am a US Navy Veteran of Desert Storm/ Shield/ Southern Watch as well as Bosnia.  I wrote this for all my fellow military service members and their families so they won't feel forgotten.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tdoubleday04
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Thank-You

jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:50 PM

bow down

Quoting tdoubleday04:

Thank-You

jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Just don't want to be forgotten again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)