Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C section question...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok im not preggers or anything but i was just reading a post about c sections and i am curious I had a emergency c section with me first child they had to cut me hip to hip on the outside but inside on my uteris they had to cut me up and down. Now i was told i will never be able to give birth naturaly but i am curious if there are any other mamas out there who were cut like this and still were able to have a VBAC.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
_Jill_
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:37 PM

hip to hip?? what year did you have the surgery?

AdensMommy2807
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:41 PM

They had to make the bakini insicion alot bigger then normal, and I had the surgery in 07 I plan on waiting at least another 3ish years before trying to have another little one.

Quoting _Jill_:

hip to hip?? what year did you have the surgery?

no-drama-momma
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Not sure....My emergency c-section was not hip to hip it was only about 5-6 inches long and not sure about my inside incision... But, my doc did say I can TRY to do a vback with this one if I want but it's risky cuz of how my body is built and stuff and I have a good chance of tearing open and bleeding out... There is a c-section group on here that you may be able to ask or try google...???  Sorry, I don't know much!

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
JOIN MY GROUP:  Anything and Everything...EXCEPT disrespect
http://www.cafemom.com/group/anything-and-everything

HeAvEnLyMoMoF3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM
Quoting AdensMommy2807:

Ok im not preggers or anything but i was just reading a post about c sections and i am curious I had a emergency c section with me first child they had to cut me hip to hip on the outside but inside on my uteris they had to cut me up and down. Now i was told i will never be able to give birth naturaly but i am curious if there are any other mamas out there who were cut like this and still were able to have a VBAC.

I've never heard of getting an outside and an inside incision for a emergency c-section most of the people i know that have had them including i had one myself, have been cut going across the bikini line and thats it not have to cut anything inside as well so i'm not sure??? Did you ask why you were being given two incisions or did they explain to you why they had to do this? It sounds kind of funny to me unless something went wrong with your c-section and there was areason they had to do an up and down incision. I have only heard of the up and down incision happening years ago and they aren't supposed to do those any more it's supposed to be side to side cut.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)