Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what all does the doctor do at a 4 year check up?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

they dont get shots do they? or do they?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I am pretty sure that is when they finish up all the shots they will need before they start Kindergarten.  But, my youngest is 7b so I may be remembering wrong.

ksinclair
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM

They finish up shots needed for kindergarten if they are going to start before 5.  Other than that, it's just a general wellness check up.  Your pedi office should be able to tell you what your child is scheduled for for their 4 year.

CafeMom Tickers
luvmybaby430
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:13 PM

thanks

nokesmomof2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM

my dd just turned 3 in july and they said she didn need any shots tell she turns 4 the last time she go shots was at her 2 yr old check up

have kids born in 06&08 come join my group please
http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsof06and08
LadyTay
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:17 PM

That is when they get all their shots until they turn 11 years old..... My dd just turned 5 sunday that how I know....

Thank You,
Shaunta Sanchez Independent Consultant for DiamondCreek Candles
Make Every Room Smile, or Start Working at Home for FREE
http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/consultants/uid/ladytay

luvmybaby430
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM

i just called and she told me that she was up to date with all her shots so i am guessing it will just be a check up, thanks yall

Quoting nokesmomof2:

my dd just turned 3 in july and they said she didn need any shots tell she turns 4 the last time she go shots was at her 2 yr old check up

4everus
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I run a daycare and all the 4yr olds at this check up get shots!!! its like 3 or 4 shots too... I also have a 3 yr old that will be due for shots when she turns 4. Hope this helps!!!!

luvmybaby430
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:30 PM

interesting, i wonder why she told me that she doesnt get shots at that check up, she told me that she is up to date with all her shots. hum...

Quoting 4everus:

I run a daycare and all the 4yr olds at this check up get shots!!! its like 3 or 4 shots too... I also have a 3 yr old that will be due for shots when she turns 4. Hope this helps!!!!

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Yes, they get their Kinder shots at 4 now.

Amberfire82
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM

really? my son just turned 4 and the daycare he goes to hasn't said anything about me having to take him for a check up. I haven't taken him yet because we are waiting for new insurance to come through next month.

Quoting 4everus:

I Understand the Concept Magnet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)