Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call the Law or Not?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Do I call or not?

Options:

Yes

No, let it go

other ( explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

I have this neighbor who has lived in their house for probably 40 yrs. Well they have a dog that they let roam everywhere and they dont clean up after him. No one has had the balls to call on them because A. They really dont care B. Dont want to cause a problem. C. They have been fortunate enough to not have crap outside their back door  or on their sidewalk everyday.

I really dont care that he uses our yard, but they owners need to pick it up. It is the law to do so and to have your dog on a leash. And if he was on one, they would know where he did his business and could take care of it. They choose not to.

I am so tired of pulling into my driveway to step out of the car and there be a big pile of crap and I either step in it or almost step in it, Tired of walking out my front door to find a big pile of crap on the side walk, or walking across the yard and stepping or almost stepping in a big pile.

Our dog doesnt do that, we stick him in our backyard and let him do his business, because that is just what you are supposed to do, or walk them and then clean it up. It called Common Curtosey and guess they havent ever heard of that either.

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysteriousmom06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I had the same problem before we moved into this house. I called but unfortunately they never did anything. Maybe try talking to the neighbor, tell them that they need to watch to make sure their dog isn't crapping at your house. If that doesn't help, I'd call the cops or animal control.

jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:20 PM

It may not only be the bathroom issue but there is an issue of property damage.  If you hit this dog while he's running around... then legally the owners are responsible for all vehicle damage.  He could attack someone (ANY animal is capable of it) and he could go after a child.  There are leash laws for a reason and no one should have to put up with dogs runing amok.   If the owners won't take responsibility... let the cops take care of it by taking the dog away and maybe find owners who give  a damn.

swizzlefiz
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Call animal control.  I hate it when people let their dogs run free.  The dog may be harmless but I don't know that, and neither does my DD.  I grew up in the country where no one locked up their dogs and there were lots of strays.  I don't agree with it but out there, if a dog got into your yard, you grabbed the BB gun.  Calling animal control is way nicer than that :)

mommytoG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM

yeah, this dog wouldnt hurt a flea. But regardless he is still in my yard and they arent cleaning up after him.

I want to step outside and smell the fresh air, not a big pile of crap. I would like to play with son in the front yard, but cant because we might step in crap

I think I will call.... we may have to get our own lawn mower and mow because it, but I would rather do it myself anyway, but hubby doesnt want me to and he works everyday all day, so he cant do it.

Amberfire82
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Have you tried actually talking to your neighbor before calling the cops on them? I'm not saying what they're doing is right but come on its common courtesy for you to try and talk to them before getting authorities involved (who probably won't do anything at all by the way). I would sooner call animal control or SPCA than the cops. JMO.

I Understand the Concept Magnet

tanya_marieh
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I don't know what I would do about the leash, but I have a mean streak. I would start piling the dog poop on their door step when they leave their house.  Or even litter their lawn with it.  I don't suggest doing that though but I know that I would.

mommytoG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM

we havent talked to them cause my hubby is friends with their son

Amberfire82
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Ok that doesn't make sense. You aren't willing to kindly go over there and speak to them about their dog yet you are willing to call the law on them?

Quoting mommytoG:

I Understand the Concept Magnet

cute_mommy19
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:49 PM

i would call animal control. thats gross and its not ur responsibility to have to go talk to them.

mommytoG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Yep. You dont know them. It will go in one ear and out the other, just like everything else does

Quoting Amberfire82:

Ok that doesn't make sense. You aren't willing to kindly go over there and speak to them about their dog yet you are willing to call the law on them?

Quoting mommytoG:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)