Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all creative mamas! I NEED HELP!!! (piog) **updated w/ pics**

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

My daughter keeps changing her mind on what theme she wants her bday party to be NEXT WEEKEND!  As of now, she THINKS she wants to do a ladybug themed party....Well, money is tighter than tight right now and the ladybug decorations also seem hard to find around here so I need ideas on how to make ladybug EVERYTHING!  Cake or cupcakes (she is still undecided on that-part darn little girl lol), decorations, the whole deal.....Bring on your creativeness! LOL  Thanks mamas!!!!

**UPDATE**
DD and I made this invite...gonna make a few more...what do you think?  It's a ladybug on a leaf and and front of wings say "IT'S A PARTY!" and wings open to reveal the 'who, what, when, where' details for the party...kinda hard to see cuz flash... Here's a pic.....

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
JOIN MY GROUP:  Anything and Everything...EXCEPT disrespect
http://www.cafemom.com/group/anything-and-everything

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swizzlefiz
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Lady bug cupcakes!  Red icing and black icing spots ... some black licorice for the antenna.

ETA pin the spot on the lady bug would be a fun game .... I'll think of more just give me a minute

this website seems really good : http://www.kids-birthday-party-guide.com/ladybug-birthday-party.html

mommytoG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM

red icing for the chocolate cupcakes. Make some black icing for the the dots. Get licorice for the attenas, red and black crepe paper and balloons for decor.

Ummm not sure what else to do

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
mrslibby
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM

there is a really cute ladybug  cake on familyfun.com

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I'd make cupcakes. Get some red frosting or white with red food coloring and get some black frosting for the spots. Get some licorice for them and there's your lady bug. You can get some construction paper and make ladybugs and put them up on a banner or something. Sorry, that's all I've got.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage because marriage is between a man and a woman only, Pro- Life because babies are a gift from God and shouldn't be killed for any reason, Natural childbirth having because it's better for you and your baby than drugs, Soon to be homeschooling because I don't like the things they try to teach my children in pubilc schools, Pro-Life for babies NOT convicts, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing because my children aren't minimums, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO because leaving your child to cry in a room alone to go to sleep is horrible for their little brains, Co-sleeping because I don't want go have to get up in the middle of the night to a hungry child, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

rayzensun
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Ladybug Cake Photo

I got lots of ideas from the web for this ladybug birthday cake and then tweaked it to be sort of whimsical for my very playful daughter's 1st birthday.

I didn't have much money for supplies and fancy baking pans so I used two Devil's food cake mixes in two glass bowls— one large and one medium sized Pyrex. After the cakes cooled, I flipped over both cakes and cut them to lay flat. I then cut the smaller round cake to fit snug against the larger body of the ladybug. I simply frosted the cake with pre-made buttercream frosting, heavily colored red.

Unless you want a pink ladybug, I recommend buying a larger red food-coloring bottle or using colored paste. I used Oreo cookies for the spots, powdered donut holes for the eyeballs and black licorice for the antennae. I used other random candy I had around the house, like jelly beans, hardened frosting flowers, gummy worms, extra frosting tinted green and green sprinkles for embellishments.

4everus
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:28 PM

oriental trading online has alot of cute lady bugs and other decorations for every event and for cheep and fast delivery I have ordred b4 on as little as 3 days notice and have gotten my stuff everytime. also party cheep.com site does too.

bumblebeestingu
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM

a cupcake cake....cupcakes pushed together to make it look like a ladybug...make red icing and use raisins as the dots and black licorace (sp?) for the antenna....red poster board and cheap black paper plates can be the place settings, you can get that @ the dollar store for cheap...assuming she still wants lady bug...i make mine pick and once they do thats it---theyll change their minds 900 xs if i let them---good luck sounds like fun!

firstbaby10
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM

like everyone else said lady bug cupcakes and also use red cups napkins and table cloth and color black spots all over them for that lady bug feel , maybe try getting some cheap flowers and putting them on the tables for some color and get the little ladybugs that go in floral arangments at walmart to carry out the theme. if you live near a candy store go get the candies that are black and red that are supposed to be little raspberries and blackberries to once again go with the theme and serve a picnic lunch as ladybugs are found outside and it kinda goes together hope that helps

iheartgaia
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM

i made a really great ladybug pinata once.  its super easy to make your own. 

you will need:

1 balloon

newspaper

flour

water

1 round styrofoam ball

2 black pipe cleaners

red & black tissue paper

glue

some craft paint

tear the newspaper into strips

mix flour & water til it is pastey

dip the newspaper strips in the paste & start covering the blown up balloon.  use caution with your layers.  it is easy to get carried away & make it too hard for a child to break.

you will want to leave a hole up (which can be covered later) to remove the balloon & add the toys

once it is completely dry, you can start to decorate

you will need to cut the tissue paper into small squares (you can prolly find them in squares at a craft store)

put them on just like you used to in school ~ wrap the square around the end of a pencil & glue them on

the styrofoam ball is for the head ~ paint it black & then paint on some eyes or you can just buy some glue on ones in the craft section

the pipe cleaners are the antenna

put it all together & viola you have a ladybug pinata

we sprayed ours down with glitter as well...it was beautiful

if i get anymore ideas ill holla.  good luck to you cuz 1 week is no where near enough time to plan a party. 

no-drama-momma
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:43 PM

U ladies are AWESOME!  Thanks soooo much!  Keep the awesome ideas coming! LOL

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
JOIN MY GROUP:  Anything and Everything...EXCEPT disrespect
http://www.cafemom.com/group/anything-and-everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)