Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant... pressure in my butt.. TMI..PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

Im 18 weeks pregnant and for the past couple weeks ive been constipated and only been "going" a couple times a week if that and when i do go its kind of looser stools so i just figured i would drink more water. I have and then yesterday i had diarrea really bad and after that i had this painful pressure in my butt whenever i get up. I dont know if its pregnancy related or if its from the diarrea but when i wasent pregnant and i would get diarrea whenever ive never had this pressure. I worked all morning and it felt fine until i would sit and get back up. Do you think i should call my doctor?

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

I am a single 21 year old, pro-life, semi co-sleeping, bottle/formula feeding, total vaccinating, disposable diapering, rear facing, spanking if needed, CIO , young hard working mommy to a beautiful babygirl named Riley. I dont judge anyone for what they choose so i hope you respect me for the ways i choose even if you dont agree with them :-)

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tanya_marieh
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Well since you have been constipated and then everything came out I would say that that is the problem.  Maybe you should start taking metamucil.  It tastes disgusting but it should help with the constipation.  I'm having to take it during this pregnancy.  Good luck and  I don't think it's anything bad.

BeautyBaby
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I have actually had that feeling in my butt earlier in my pregnancy and a couple of times lately.  No diarrea...but I noticed that when I ran or when i tried to get up too qick  that pain would come.  The one time I ran to the train trying to make it before it left me...I completely regreted it.  I was really sore in my butt and was scared that something was going wrong with the baby because of me..  I think that the pain does come from the pregnancy.  I never had it before I was pregnant.

My advise (and you probably already have since your a mother already)...call the dr whenever you feel like you need an answer.  It's better to know, than to go on wondering.

I hope I helped.

mommytoG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I would say the diarrhea is from compaction and the pressure is from the hard stool. Try to eat apples and and drink apple juice everday. It helps keep things moving. I would call though if the pressure is still there, you dont want to get compacted even though you are going, its just the stool working it away around the hard spot. Trust me. I worked for disabled ppl for a long time and we went through this alot

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
KatieFlower
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:02 PM

you know what will help- add lots of fruit to your diet trust me- im 37 weeks 1 day with my second and this helped me ever since i started doing it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)