Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I doing the right thing?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have a 9 mth baby grl and me and her father didn't work out. For the past 5 mths I have been dating a wonderful man that does more for me and my daughter then her real father ever did. Things are starting to get serious between us and he as well as she is starting to get attached. I would of thought that her real father would want to see his daughter more considering there's another man in her life but he doesn't seem to care. I just don't know if me lettin my new man play the male role in my daughter's life is a good thing. He doesn't have kids but told me that if he didn't want to help out he wouldn't of started dating me knowin I had a kid. I just feel bad somedays because I know he could be out with his friends and not have a care in the world but he's always by my side supporting me and helping out with Alana. She adores me as much as I do. Blah I guess I just don't know because alot of my friends who have kids are with the real dad.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
angelmom0405
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM

it takes a real man to step up and do that it shows he is a wonderful man they ar hard to find keep him around if the real father wanted to be there he would either way

3ofmyown+1together+4ofhis=8wonderfulkids

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM
I'd say you and Alanna are two VERY lucky girls!!!!!

kids-have-my-heart.gif 

nokesmomof2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM

anyone can be a fathe but it takes a real man to be a dad and i mean that by being there for them not just giving them money for what they need and if the  new guy wants to be with you and your daughter then i think that is great dont feel bad that he is there with you 2 instead of hanging with his friends because if he didnt want to be with you he wouldnt be there good luck momma

have kids born in 06&08 come join my group please
http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsof06and08
skinsfan26
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I see no wrong in letting her have a male influence in her life. Sucks her real dad doesnt want to be in the picture. My DH is not my now 4 y/o's real dad. He sees her as his daughter and wouldnt have it any other way. Sounds like you got a great man there. And I hope everything works out for you guys.   My dd was 2 years old when I met my dh, after a few months of seeing each other, my dd called him daddy and  I was shocked and scared of what he would do or say.  He loved it when she did. It made him very happy. Her dad left me when i was barely 2 months preg and never looked back. If he didnt want to be a part of her life(the bf) he wouldnt have stayed. Sounds like he is happy being with you too. He probably thinks "I have the 2 greatest girls in my life" that other man sure doesnt know what he is missing.

Im a mom that loves to HUNT, FISH. Active NFL football fan. Cheering on my Redskins and Sooners every football season. I aint afraid to get dirty. I love driving my 4x4 Blazer in the mud.Im 100% Redneck woman and my hubby just loves me the way I am! He loves seeing me in nothing but a NFL Jersey! Oklahoma born and bred!

devlinCEO
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I think some men are sent by God to do things like this.  My brother 7 years ago met my ex SIL she had a 6 month old baby.  Well he adopted her and now has custody of her and her brother and sisters.  My brothers new fiance has a little baby boy that she had before she started to date my brother.  That baby knows my brother as his daddy.  LOL  He says they need a daddy so I will take the job.  You are very blessed to find a man like that.

aznblond9
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I dont see anything wrong with it. Your lucky to have a man who cares about you and your daughter.  YOu cant make her bio dad cares.

P.S are you Vietnamese? You look like it! Either or that all Asians look alike! LOL

singtastic
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Quoting angelmom0405:

it takes a real man to step up and do that it shows he is a wonderful man they ar hard to find keep him around if the real father wanted to be there he would either way

Yep...you are fine.  It's good that you're not taking this for granted.  You appreciate him and I'm sure you've told him that, but you two ladies are very lucky to have him! :)

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Good men are HARD to come by. If your new man wants to step up and be a role model for your daughter and be there for you and to help you then you shouldnt feel bad but happy that he cares enough to do so. Just make sure you show your appreciation to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)