Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for moms that work piog......

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

how do you cope with leaving  your kids??? i been back to work has a CNA for 4 months now and dd is taking it hard. i only work 3 days a week sometimes 4 if i am lucky and for like anywhere from 4 to 7 hours a day in the evening. but my 3 yr old is taking it hard she is making me feel so bad she cries and gives me that lip when i have to leave and says mama i want you to stay home with me. that is not a option we have a car payment we just got this car and tons of other bills but i feel like such a failure has a mommy i want to be home for her anyone else feel like this?? she stays home with he daddy we work oppisite shifts to avoid daycare

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ZOEYSMOM1220
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Where is she while you're working?

bean06162004
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I know that I am doing what is best for my son, I am a single mother, so if I didn't work we wouldn't have money for food or living expenses. I've been working since he was three months old so he's used to it though. Your daughter will learn to deal with it, it's what is best for your family :) 

DKVmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM

My son has been in daycare since he was 8 weeks old. So he is used to it. But if I run to the store and he stays home with his Nana he flips sometimes. So I usually give in. But...I work full time and like the person above me...it's what's best for your family. It will take time to adjust. Good luck. 

swizzlefiz
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I'm assuming she stays with her daddy when you are gone.  That time with him is probably really good for her.  I used to be a nanny and some of the kids would cry when the parents left.  The best thing I found to do was find something they really like to do and distract them.  That way they didn't even notice their parents left.

briansmommy7143
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM

My son is 2.5 and had never really had a problem with me going to work, it was actually me who had a hard time leaving him... UNTIL I recently gave birth to my second son and was home for 7 weeks on maternity leave. NOW he cries and carrys on when I leave and it just makes it ten times harder. It sucks horribly, but I reallly don't have a choice. Husbands job doesn't offer healthcare or any other benefit for that matter, so I have to work to provide for my kids... it is extremely hard though, and I, like you, can only hope it gets better!

rileysmomma17
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM

My daughters 19 months and i went back to work about 10 months ago and im still learning to cope with it. I hate leaving her. I think about her all day im there. Im going to have 2 soon and i dont know how thats going to be knowing now that im going to have to work full-time because im no longer with their father. You just have to keep thinking to yourself that its whats best for the family and your kids.  

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

I am a single 21 year old, pro-life, semi co-sleeping, bottle/formula feeding, total vaccinating, disposable diapering, rear facing, spanking if needed, CIO , young hard working mommy to a beautiful babygirl named Riley. I dont judge anyone for what they choose so i hope you respect me for the ways i choose even if you dont agree with them :-)

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM

with my husband

Quoting ZOEYSMOM1220:

Where is she while you're working?

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)