Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The worst part about being a mom....

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM
  • 8 Replies

is all the worrying I do! I swear, every bump, bruise, cough, fever, sneeze, I'm the hugest worry wart to the point it makes me sick! Is this normal for moms or am I crazy??? When I left for work today my 3 month old had a 99.8 temp with no other symptoms and I am worrying myself sick!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Maddiesmommy123
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I still do this and my daughter will be 7 in January!! I think as mothers we just WORRY......just take a deep breath and TRY, I know easier said than done, to relax. IF your little one gets worse I am sure whoever is keeping him/her will let you know!! 

rebelrose13
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

If this is your first child, I would say no, it's nothing to worry about that u r worried. I know for a fact i would worry if my six yr old had a fever until I knew it was gone. When he was 3 months old, I would have run him tot he dr if it didn't come down immediately. U get over the worrying as the child gets older and u realize , he'll be fine.

TiredMommy6906
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I think it is normal. I have worried myself sick several times about my daughter, even though I know that whatever is wrong is totally normal for her to be going through. It just means you're a good mom!

SassyMommyBllck
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Quoting TiredMommy6906:

I think it is normal. I have worried myself sick several times about my daughter, even though I know that whatever is wrong is totally normal for her to be going through. It just means you're a good mom!

I do the same with my son

briansmommy7143
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:50 PM

This is my second baby.. I have a 2 yr. old too and I worry just as much about him still! But seems like maybe it's normal and I"m not crazy.

jenniepepsi
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM

mmm im abnormal lol. this is my first baby, but i am in no way a worry mom. (there is NOTHING wrong with being a worry mom, im not saying that)

but for some reason, i just dotn worry. my duaghter was jumping on her bed, fell off and went head first into a wall and lost conciousness, and i was calm cool and collected (and took her to the ER of course! i dont freak out, that doesnt mean i dont care! LOL)

my sister in law on the other hand worrys about EVERYTHING. she buys plastic free and bhs free (or bh-something free) bottles, and WASH THEM 3 TIMES IN A ROW before she feels they are clean, and THEN puts them in her bottle sterilizer lol. im sorry i just cant find it in me to over worry. i toss bottles into the dishwasher lol

my duaghter falls off the swing, i sit in my chair look up and say 'u ok baby?" she gets up and says 'it hurts' and i say 'aww come here and ill kiss it'

my nephew falls off the swing, and his mom JUMPS up, reguardless of the fact that he stands right up and goes back to playing lol.

i guess im just not a reacting mommy.

betyrod
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM

YES ITS NORMAL! ITS LIKE MY MOM TELLS ME,YOU WILL WORRY ABOUT YOUR KIDS ALL OF YOUR LIFE! AND WHEN I HAD MY FIRST BABY BELIEVE ME I WORRIED ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING AND NOW WITH MY DAUGHTER IVE LEARNED TO LOOSED UP AND JUST TAKE EVERYTHING IN STRIDE,I KNOW WHEN SOMETHING IS WRONG AND I AUTOMATICALLY DO WHAT I HAVE TO DO,IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST CHILD THEN ITS VERY UNDERSTANDABLE,BUT HEY JUST RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR CHILD TO THE FULLEST DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM
With my oldest I was like that. Now that I see how tough they are, I relax. If it isn't gonna put them in the hospital, why turn into a freak and stress them out too?

Chazz     Rocco    Joey

baby boybaby boybaby boy

06-24-02   09-05-05   09-15-08

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)