Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok i have a paci dimemma....my three week old takes one, and my 23m doesnt...well she hasnt since she was 16 or 17 months...well she keeps taking Avyn's and runs off to suck on it...i take it away from her (or sometimes she gives it to me when i ask) and i tell her that shes a big girl and she doesnt need a paci...hell shes potty trained, theres no reason she needs a paci...how would/did/have you handled this??

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Loved4Sure
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Its jealousy........

Give her something else to replace it. Spend time with her and show her how to give it to her little sister.

Its natural

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM

ive given her lots to replace it...new baby dolls, books...

and ive got them on a schedule so that i can spend lots of time with her and the majority of him bein awake is when my DD is napping

Quoting Loved4Sure:

Its jealousy........

Give her something else to replace it. Spend time with her and show her how to give it to her little sister.

Its natural

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM

*bump*

bookdragon
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Ask her if she wants to help with the baby like she does with her doll. Give her a little time to get over not being the only LO in your life anymore. I did this with both my oldest daughter & my oldest son when the younger of each sex was born. My girls are about 2 & 1/2 years apart & my sons are almost 3 years apart, the youngest daughter is 5 years older then my oldest son.

Good Luck,Take Care,Goddess Blessings.

Bookdragon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)