Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird Feeling

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have this weird feeling. I am hot, not fever hot, but cheeks are flushed. Feel kind of shaky and a little off. I did just eat some icecream with some root beer. Should I be concerned go have them check my blood pressure and listen for the baby heart

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MissiHampt
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Sounds to me like you overdid it on the sugar.  Try to avoid too much sweet stuff all at once.  Have you had a glucose screening yet?

mommytoG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Not yet.... now my ears are hot and red. I am going to run to my MIL and use her machine and see what my BP and if its high I will run to the DR

Quoting MissiHampt:

Sounds to me like you overdid it on the sugar.  Try to avoid too much sweet stuff all at once.  Have you had a glucose screening yet?

mommytoG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM

BP is 126/76 and my heart beat is 83. Didnt check my sugar thouugh. I feel a little better and she moved some. I am sure everything is ok. I am going to get me my own strips for my meter when I go to the store later and keep my machine with me so I can check it if anything. Might get me a BP wrist thing to just to be safe

jenniepepsi
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM

oh honey take a deep breath and relax!!!

stress and anxiety can cause these symptoms too!

mommytoG
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:53 AM

She didnt move that much last night. I am assuming she was really tired and growing, not only due to lack of movement, but becasue my belly really hurt to touch it. I worried most of the night and at 1:30 I at a pudding and drank some sweet tea and she moved for about 2 minutes and total of 13 times, so that told me she was ok. 

But this morning I still had a weird feeling that something wasnt right. She did move again after 1:30 or at least not to my knowledge. I ate breakfast and had two Ice cold glasses of water, got to work and drank some soda and ate a reeses peanut butter cup and still no movement.

Well I went in this morning to have the nurse check for a heartbeat and its there. 164 beats per minute. So that make me much happier. I am just so used to her moving a lot and pretty much all through out the day with some down time here and there, that it freaked me out when she didnt move that much.

She has moved some since hearing her heartbeat, but I guess I am impatient and selfish cause its not enough for me. I had a rough 4 1/2 month in the beginning so thats why I worry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)