Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is 8 months old & I'm wondering what to feed him? Oh, & this is an ADVICE question, not a let me preach or criticize post.

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM
  • 23 Replies

So it looks like he isn't interested in baby food at all.  Admittedly that could be because I've tried different kinds of one foods but not 50 attempts for each. ;)  He seems to like real food but we've only given him itty bitty bits of it.  Perhaps I should try the 2 foods ones that are mixed.

And for those who suggest making my own:

Another thing, I CAN'T COOK.  Well limited things but I'm not very good at it.  So how would I go about pureeing foods or steaming the carrots to mash up?  Do I need a processor for that?

Now I know they don't need anything other than formula or breastmilk before they're 1 so no one needs to point that out. :)

punching                                       playing soccer boy     &         baby in sling    

Rob & Tosh since Feb '98                              Cristian                                 Jayden

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela735
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM

How long have you been giving him 'food'? By 8 months my son was eating little bits of what we were eating as well as those Gerber puffs. I also blended my own food for him. cook some carrots and then mash them. Or BAnanas pr mango or peach. He liked all that WAY more than jared food. It is super easy too! 

I am a proud mom who, breastfed til 18months, co-slept for a while, immunize every time, spank when necessary, time out when necessary, trusts God for all her family's needs.how are you

babie113
by Jenny on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:28 PM

i heard the gerber graduates meals are good can give him normal food too just aviod stuff that he can choke on  i cant wait for my son to start on solids formula is so expencive

CafeMom Tickers
AngelicaRenee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM

my son hated baby foods too. and i don't blame him. but the weird thing was, he hated pureed foods as well. Like he wanted to eat this plum and was loving it so i pureed it and he wanted nothing to do with it anymore. But something my son did love at 8 months was cottage cheese and yogurt! also cream of wheat might be good to try. different things like that. Oh and he LOVED the gerber puffs.

AngelicaRenee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM

my son hated the graduate meals as well. lol.

Quoting babie113:

i heard the gerber graduates meals are good can give him normal food too just aviod stuff that he can choke on  i cant wait for my son to start on solids formula is so expencive

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM

By that time I would steam small pieces of veggies or fruits and let my son eat those.  Just make sure you LO knows how to chew well first.  Have you tried making your own baby food?  My son would not touch the jarred stuff but he would eat the homemade stuff.  Just purree steamed veggies :)

NikkiPhoenix
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM

My 10-month old eats everything!

Small bits of pizza, pasta, chicken, fries, bread....anything soft that hubby and I are eating.  Also stage 3 foods, those biter biscuits, cookies, puffs and he LOVES the yogurt snacks.

Kawasaki Disease Awareness!

Layouts & More @ ColorArmy.Com

Myspace Layouts, Glitters & More!

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

mommyin07n08
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:42 PM

My WIC formula got cut because they expect him to be eatting full solids by 9 months (I looked at her like she was crazy he had 1 tooth). However I would start with level 1 food and they say it takes a baby 7 tries to eat it. I would start there before moving him up so he gets used to the taste and texture and when you think he is good with that move him up to the next step. My now 10 month old does eat only solids because he would go through a can of formula a day and 3 jars of level 3 food if I would let him. I knew he was ready. Trust you mommy guy. You will know when he is ready for stuff. He might just not like some of the flavors. My son wouldnt eat bananas in baby food form until it was mixed with another fruit.

in love Cassi and Tony 12/10/07ttc TTC #3 baby boy Landon 09/23/08toddler girlEmily 05/19/07

mlbrooks421
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:42 PM

So did mine! I agree on trying table foods. You can get a processor for as cheap as $20. But, my son wasn't into purees long either. He might not like the jar stuff or maybe he doesn't like the pureed foods. GL!

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

my son hated the graduate meals as well. lol.

Quoting babie113:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

mandy_aka
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM

I would give all my kids foods that were easy for them to eat like mashed potatoes..i would also puree other foods..or cut up steames veggies very small so they could eat it.

Photobucket Image Hosting

farrah
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Maybe he wants more texture. Like offer lots of steamed veggies, steamed to mush not crisp. lol Also maybe try the next level of baby food. Also, give him what yall are eating as long as it is mild and not spicy. Just start with a little bit at first and if he likes it keep going. Good luck momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)