Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

False Negative?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

Just wondering if anyone ever had a false negative pregnancy test. I am a week late and took a test 2 days ago and it was negative. I don't want a baby right now (but wouldnt be mad if I was) so just was curious if anyone had any stories of their own that were result of a false negative....Thanks!!

Also, with my first I got a positive the day I was supposed to start so I doubt I am, just curious

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
megarooniduh
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM

i know its possible.

I've been a baby-wearing, co-sleeping, no CIO, breastfeeding, baby signing, vaxing mama for the past year and I wouldn't do it any other way! 

reelo
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Its possible, if you are a little earlier then you thought your hcg levels may not be high enough to trigger a positive on a home test.

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM

it is VERY common to get a false negative..its the false positives that are extremely rare

firstbaby10
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:11 PM

I DID!! i took the test 2 weeks after my missed period it was neg. but i had this feeling i was so i took one the next day still neg. took one the next day still neg but i just knew it we had been trying for like over a year so my DH just thought i was crazy but i knew i was pregnant finally 5 weeks later i was so sick of it and went to my obgyn he did a blood test sure enough i was 6 weeks pregnant:) so yes you can

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)