Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with dinner...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my husband wants pork chops, but I ran out of eggs and reaaaaaaaally don't feel like going out to get any. Any ideas on something to substitute to make the breading? Usually I make an egg wash, but was wondering if flouring it then dipping it in milk might give me a similar goop so I can dip them in breadcrumbs...sigh...IDK. I would love some help.

armyjaw dropbaby boypregnant belly

Adam                         Laura              Jeremiah                 And new baby

My happy family

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
happy6
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM

That would probably work. I never fry them.. I just season them really well and bake and broil them or throw them on the grill

Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I'd LOVE to do that. But my husband notices the difference every time. LOL Dang boy from the south and his comfort foods!

Quoting happy6:

That would probably work. I never fry them.. I just season them really well and bake and broil them or throw them on the grill

Adam                         Laura              Jeremiah                 And new baby

My happy family

briansmommy7143
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:43 PM

YOu can dip them in milk first, it works, eggs just make the breadcrumbs "fluffier" I have used milk before and its fine!

ao112485
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM

My favorite thing to do with porkchops is either marinate them in teryaki sauce and grill them or cooking them in the pan with salsa, I know sounds kind of wierd but is SOOOO good!

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:50 PM

my answer for everything is to just BBQ it ...everything tastes better on the gril lol or make him go to the store and get eggs

Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, coating it in flour then milk then breadcrumb worked well :-)

My happy family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)