Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bed time....?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:02 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi, Im feeling kinda guilty so I thought I would ask other moms their advice or opinion.

My 18 month old is currently teething and hes not handling these teeth that are coming in as well as he did the others. So for the past two night I have fed him dinner at about 430, 5. Give him a bath and then right after getting him dressed, he takes himself to bed. So which is around 530-6pm. I dont know if this is common for toddlers to take themselves to bed. I just feel guilty having him in bed before his dad gets home, but I also dont want to discourage him from him knowing he wants to go to bed and taking himself to bed. Am I doing the wrong thing?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kristyann
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Well, I would say that he probably just dose not feel good. He will probably do this for a few days until he feels better. If you don't mind that he is going to bed that early then I say let him. I bet he is waking up really early though. I would not let him to do it too long though or he will adjust to it and then you will be stuck getting up super early. But if you don't mind then go for it.

Braxmommy14
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Aww, poor little man :( I would feel bad that he doesn't feel good, but if he wants to put himself to bed, then so be it. But like the other response, I wouldn't continue it for too long, what time is his normal bedtime ? and what time is he waking up after he goes to bed that early ? My son is 19 months old, usually goes to bed around 9:00pm and up around 7:00am, give or take.

armywife108
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM

He usually goes to bed between 8 and 9. His normal wake time is between 7-8. But since hes been going down early hes been waking up about 1 in the morning and then going back down an hour or two later and still getting up at 7 or 8.

gavin423
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Some people, when they are sick or not feeling well, just like to sleep it off. Me and my son are that way, if we feel like crap - we sleep. DS had the flu a few months ago, he was constantly laying on the couch, climbing into his bed and my bed, for a few days and just going to sleep. He'd be up maybe four or five hours total of the day but the rest, he slept. After the flu went away, he was back to his old schedule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)