Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever feel like a bad mom?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

Question: Do you ever feel like a bad mom?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

Once in a while I feel this way and I just want to know if I am alone in this.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Today is my day. My daughter actually told me in the store that i was a horrible mother and i ruined her day.  She has pushed me to my limit.   Her bedtime can't come fast enough. I am looking forward to a nice long relaxing soak in the tub tonight. Lord knows i have earned it today.  

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM

It's a perfectly normal feeling. Just don't ever let your children know when you're feeling that way, or else they'll learn to take advantage of it!

But when you do start to feel that way, just take a deep breath and ask yourself this. "How could I have done that differently?" I know it helps me. :-)

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I agree because we are not perfect and we have our good days and bad ones. Recently, I got an awesome comment from my 17 year old when she said that I am a good mom and that made me all choked up inside.  I know i haven't been there like i wanted to but there was reasons that I couldn't because she didn't allow me to be. All I know is that I tried with her and finally she sees what I was trying to show her. As far as my other kids go I feel like I live in a hurry and rush world where I barely have enough time for the younger ones. I feel like I'm always busy but I do sit down and think about it and I feel bad and I try not to repeat why I felt so bad in the first place. My point is we learn from our mistakes and we should try not to beat ourselves up about it.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I constantly feel like a bad mother. Before I got pregnant with my son, I told myself that I do not want children and I don't see myself as a mother. A month later, I was pregnant. To be honest, I felt kind of happy. I think it was knowing that Clayton would need me constantly and lets be honest, it feels good be needed. Well, I do feel like a bad mother because I live with my fiance's mother and I'm going to be 25!!!!! I feel like if I had went to college sooner and figured out what I wanted to do in life (which I still have no clue) then we wouldn't have to live here, it wouldn't feel like walking on eggshells all the time, and when we need help buying diapers or formula (when he was taking it) then it wouldn't get thrown back in our face. We're doing ok now where we can get Clayton diapers, new clothes and some toys here and there since we don't have a car payment anymore, but still...if I could go back in time and change things, I would change not getting a career first then having my child.

by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Do I make mistakes? Yes, we all do! I love my kids and give them my absolute best. If I make a mistake, or have a bad day, I learn from it and move on. My husband tells me all the time what a great mom and I am and how lucky he is to have me raise our children. I have two very happy and well adjusted children, and can't wait to have a 3rd so I must be doing something right!

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Sure do.... Sometimes I have no idea what the hell I'm doing and am just winging it half the time.  When he falls asleep in my arms, I just look at him in wonder and think just how bad I'm screwing him up... but than my mommy tells me she felt the same way sometimes when she was raising me.  Than I don't feel so bad because my mommy was a great mommy.

by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Well, judging by the poll, it seems like most women feel like they are terrible Mothers.  I know I do all of the time & that is just because my Mother was very abusive to my brothers and I and I just do not want my kids to hate me when they get older.  I am constantly monitoring myself to make sure I am doing right by my kids and there are those days when it seems like all hell breaks lose and nothing goes right & then I feel like a terrible Mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)