Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

car INS **UPDATE**

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

im so upset and dissapointed...

really, DH doesnt have all that much to do out in TX...get a job(hes been there 2 months, so now its just wait and see...literally) pay the bills, and try not to spend all our money on frivulous things

I went over with him numerous times what bills we wanted to pay, i had them all written down, he kept forgetting one or two..

i got a notice in the mail from Geico, i told him about it(but we get those alot because its due on the 1st, and we want to change it to the 15, but for whatever reason its a PITA for them to do.

so DH forgot to pay it the 1st, and now our insurance is cut off...i CANT have no insurance, i JUST got this taken care of with the bank who finances my truck...

Id LOVE to take over the bills again, but DH says no because i stress out about it too much, plus im in CA taking care of the kids and he thinks i have enough on my plate taking care of the kids with next to no help.

how can he forget to pay something? NOW our rates are going to be over $300 a month for both the cars...so he is looking to go someplace else...i just dont think we are going to find the rates we used to have(a LOT of discounts, including military, and we arent active duty anymore)

he is calling USAA right now...but i think we talked to them a few months ago, and their rates were pretty high...UGGH!! why now?! this really sux, and im really disappointed in DH

DH has redeemed himself...he just purchased a policy through USAA for LESS than what we were paying with Geico...THANK GOD!!! i was really stressing about this and trying to figure out WHAT i was going to tell the bank that finances my car...

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
themacs4
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:46 PM

That stinks!!  I thought USAA rates were pretty low.  We use TX Farm Bureau for our cars & homeowners insurance.  They are decent.  Good Luck!

Alekona
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I would research it yourself!! then go to your DH and say here choose from these

at least you could have some control...

Also, try calling AIS insurance(1-888-772-4247 or aisinsurance.com) , they research all insurance carriers for you.

Hope that helps

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Quoting themacs4:

That stinks!!  I thought USAA rates were pretty low.  We use TX Farm Bureau for our cars & homeowners insurance.  They are decent.  Good Luck!

they might be..i hope so! maybe they were just higher than what we were paying with geico

reelo
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:51 PM

You may have to restart the policy before getting a new one though.  A lot of policies will either charge you more or not take you if you have any lapses in insurance or the vehicle is not currently covered.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)