Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with my 19 month olds diet?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM
  • 2 Replies

My 19 month old used to eat so great... I used to could put anything in front  of her and she loved it, up until about 3 or 4 months ago. Now all I can get her to eat is fruit, cheese, sandwiches, bread, and snacks... with something different on occasion. What my main concern is, is that I can't get a single veggie in her for the life of me.. this worries me. However she does love fruit, it's her favorite thing, all kinds... bananas, blueberries, grapes, melons, and such... I give her a NutriPal shake every morning, and V8 fruit fusion (the fruit and veggie mix) throughout the day. The snacks i give her are usually sugar free or organic, or things like salt free pretzels and crackers. So I feel that she doesn't have a horrible diet, I just wonder if she is getting all the nutrients she needs... I plan to start her on kids vitamins very soon, but until then the NutriPal pretty much takes care of that..... but it's getting so expensive! Any advice or suggestions moms? :-)

~Julie Baker~
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
officerjoeys
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM

A lot of kids go though a picky stage. For awhile, one of my sons wouldn't eat anything that didn't have peanut butter on or in it. If she likes cheese I would suggest giving her broccoli mixed with cheese. Sometimes it's easier to get kids to eat veggies if they are mixed in other foods. This way they are not as noticeable.  

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink

tisami1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:38 PM

There are a few books out there that have ways to hide veggies in meals. I have been trying that with my family and for the most part I cannot tell the difference (and I'M the picky one). Today we had eggs with milk, cheese, and pureed cauliflower. If she likes sandwhiches, you can hide tons of stuff in there. Have you tried dips? DS (21 months) will eat alot with dip. You can even make fruit dip for alot of stuff. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)