Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biracial DD....I need some advice!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:09 PM
  • 31 Replies

So my DD is really getting into the girly stuff like, dressing up pretty, purses, shoes, doing her own hair, and putting on makeup! I love seeing her grow up and be so interested in these things. (Well she is six, so this is all for fun!) The problem I am having is that all the play makeup just looks like white glittery powder on her face (due to her dark complection). Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive makeup I could get for her that would stand out on her beautiful face? (something for lips, eyes, and cheeks)

Also, I was wondering if anyone has any cute hair ideas for curly hair? I need some ideas for school, so I don't have to do her hair every morning. I would love to see some pictures of any hair ideas! Here is a picture of her....

Thanks,

~Denise

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytobe921
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I dont have a girl so i am not sure, but I just want to say she is BEAUTIFUL! 

cristina0709
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM

i have seen little girls with curly hairr put u in pigtails. it is so cute.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker 

Lilypie

luvkids329
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM

i'd say put some mousse or gel in her hair before you style it, probuly just try darker shades of blush or lip gloss, and you have one beautiful little girl!

neicy1980
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Thanks everyone! (Her father's side of the family has never been around. So I am clueless on some of these things.) I think I might be a little overprotective sometimes, lol....but I just love her to pieces!!! She is so excited for her 1st day of 1st grade tomorrow!

MommyAkaTiffany
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Could you stick with blushes, eye shadows and lip glosses? Just a guess, and I have to say she is very pretty!

Hope this helps!!girl giving flower

ashleykilleen
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:44 PM

my niece is biracial my sil always puts her hair in little pig tails or pony tails or a bun.I am not sure what to do about the make up good luck

she is beautiful by the way!

-ash

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

7SinsAnna
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Well Maeve isn’t as dark so I don’t know about the make up but on the hair I will say I’ve been limited to  pig tails,  pony tails. From that pic (she’s so cute it’s killing me) I can’t tell  how thick her hair is. With Maeve it’s thick enough to pull it back with a ribbon like this and it stays.

I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They’ll learn more, than I’ll ever know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world. 

misamores96
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM

U HAVE ONE BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL.teen girl

Jessa83
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Your little girl is adorable! You both have such pretty baby girls!

I would suggest some pretty pink eyeshadows, that would show up pretty on her skin!

And pig tails and pony tails are always sweet on little girls. You could always braid the pig tails or french braid her hair if you know how.

Hope she has a great time at school!!

Quoting 7SinsAnna:

Well Maeve isn’t as dark so I don’t know about the make up but on the hair I will say I’ve been limited to  pig tails,  pony tails. From that pic (she’s so cute it’s killing me) I can’t tell  how thick her hair is. With Maeve it’s thick enough to pull it back with a ribbon like this and it stays.

neicy1980
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:00 AM

She is a such a doll!!! And I love the pic! Does she have light eyes?

I have never tried this look with a ribbon, only headbands that pull too hard and fall out. Thanks, I think I will try this with a ribbon!

Quoting 7SinsAnna:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)