Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain after C-Section (probably TMI)

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

OK, I had my son via c-section May 21st of this year. I had my first "period" last month, and assumed it was normal for it to be heavy and painful. But this is my second period, and it is even more painful then the last! The pain extend from my knees all the way up to my belly button! I am also much more tired then usual. The bleeding is not real heavy this time, so that's a plus. But untill now, I have never had a painful period. Before my c-section my monthly wasn't painful just annoying. Is this normal? To any of you who have had a c-section, does this get better? Oh God, please tell me it does!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Makenzies_mom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:33 PM

i had a c section18 months ago and it gets easer my periods became normal about the 6 th or 7 th i had . took it awhile to get to be monthly again but they are now.

steph2884
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the csec or has something to do with the fact that you've had a baby in the past. My periods became painful... I remember once I thought my scar was tearing open it hurt so bad! If you're concerned about it you should see your doctor though. Are you on any kind of birth control? sometimes that can make it worse.

4boys1girl985
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:23 AM

just wondering did you get your tubes tied? because i had the same thing after that never after just a plain c-section. 

mamakenzi
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I had my c-section 22 months ago and sometimes it still feels like my incision is going to rip open during my period.

Kenzie

Stay at home mommy, smoking, neat freak, living life to the fullest, creative, young, soon to be Navy wife, mommy to a Princess, type of mother!

MommyOnLI
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 7:58 AM

i dont dont think it has to do with your C section, it just has to do with the fact you havent had your period in so long.

i didnt experience that kind of pain after my first C section, but i did experience horrible periods...

my friend who had a vag birth experienced severe pain like you are decribing.

give it 4 or  more periods.. they may never go back to pre-pregnancy

nellie6977
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I have not expereienced this and I had a csection 17 months ago.... i just wanted to say I feel for you and I hope it gets better!

Pregnancy ticker

mommytoG
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Mine did for a while, but then they got worse and worse for me and I would pass huge clots. Back in October of last year I was diagnoised with endometriosis and vericrose veins that are as big as your fingers. So at my yearly exam back in March of this year we discoved that endo spead to my cervix and were about to schedule a hysterectomy so I wouldnt have to suffer the pain anymore and not have to take pain pill anymore, and I ended up pregnant. I will be getting this done 2-3 yrs from now.

I am not saying that this what you have by any means. But the first few periods are going to be different and you might not go back to what you had before you got pregnant

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
Mom2SavRynShai
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 11:47 AM
I have had 3 c-sections and have never had that happen. I would contact your doc to make sure nothing else is wrong.

Pregnancy ticker

webfoot
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I have had 2 C-sections and it does get easier.  I think it makes everything harder because the body is wired to work in a certain way and when the natural way is bi-passed it takes it awhile to figure out what is going on,  it is also trying to heal a major surgery and do what it needs to do to get on with things as normal.  Good luck and hope it does get better for you.  Hang in there and you should notice improvement in 6 months or so.  Just because if you think about what your body has just gone through it needs awhile to recover and you should just not worry for a while.  Take care of yourself and good luck with the new baby.  P.S. if you are breast feeding that helps heal and it hurts from the contractions it gives your uterus.  TAKE IT EASY ( as easy as you can).

american flag ribbonThe Huskey clan

crazyblonde123
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 1:19 AM

I had the same problem except I didn't hurt as bad as you do. I had to see my obgyn he had to make sure I wasn't preggo again and since I wasn't he put me on seasonique birth control and he told me that if that didn't slowly stop the bleeding then I would have to have a historectomy. So I say go see your obgyn and discuss it with him/her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)