Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you eat raw cookie dough?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you eat raw cookie dough?

Options:

Yes, any kind.

Yes, only homemade.

Yes, only prepackaged.

No, but I did as a kid.

No, never have, never will.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 166

View Results

The "experts" say you shouldn't eat homemade raw cookie dough because the raw eggs might give you salmonella poisoning . . . and not so long ago, there were reports of e-coli in prepackaged cookie dough.

But do you eat it anyway?  Do you let your kids? 

baking

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Yum...now i want me some cookie dough

lundaylove
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I always eat cookie dough. I love it!

awesome young navy wife and mom to bouncing mom crazy kiddos under 3 years old who will rear face until the limits of their seats cuz I know its 5x safer to rear face longer!

wells75904
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Yup sure do...as a matter of fact I just got through licking the bowl and the beaters off some home made peanut butter cookies....yummmy

I own and admin in several groups, see one that interests you? JOIN US!!!

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms
May 2005 Children- Come and join us if you have a child born in May of 2005, share the joys, the fears, the challenges of raising 4 year olds! http://www.cafemom.com/group/may2005children
About Frugal Moms Buy, Sell, and Trade Connection-Buy and sell with great prices!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugalmomsbuyandsell

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I pick at cookie dough before putting it in the oven. The way I see it, people eat raw eggs for health (not sure if it's to lose weight, or gain muscles). I've seen usually males that would drink it in a cup, or throw it in a blender. So what's the difference, I guess...? lol. 

Nenasam
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:49 PM

I do just to test it before I bake it lol.. but not a big fan for some reason :-)

Nena

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:51 PM

EWWW I HATE COOKIES AND COOKIE DOUGH IS EVIL!!!!

IloveHayden08
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I have eaten sooo much cookie dough in my life ha ha!! But I have not let my son (18months old) eat any and I dont plan on it...you can make cookie dough and substitute 1/2 cup of apple sauce for 2 eggs...I will prob do that and let him eat some..Im sure I will make my husbands parents mad when I tell him not to let him eat any.

nikkiJ86
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:21 AM

I love cookie dough.I also love cake batter.That came from licking the bowl as a kid.

swizzlefiz
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Oh yeah .... we fight over the bowl and the beaters.  My mom and little sister will make a cake mix and then eat the batter and never bake the cake.

TuMaiidiiTa.
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:44 AM

No 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)