Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this sound threatening

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:21 AM
  • 24 Replies

Does these IM's sound threatening to you? My husband was talking to his sister and this is their conversation. My DH is about to be deployed. SIL and I have never liked  . My in laws have basically been trying to start problems in our marriage for the past year. After DH showed me these IM's I am really scared she is going to try to hurt me in some way. Am I being paranoid or is this what the messages allude to?

Kelli:

yah like i said she needs to just sit her butt onn the bench and shut up.
……………………………………………………………………
8:35 PM
Jeff:
well at least some good comes out of you two hating eachother!
8:35 PM
Kelli:
i dont hate her. i just refuse to be infected by her presence.
8:36 PM
Jeff:
She definitly feels the same
Kelli:
im glad she hates me. she will hate me more later, :-)
but there will be a time for that.
Jeff:
why?
Kelli:
:-)
my secrets i shall keep.
how dare you...
common you know better than that.
on the upside i doubt she will be bored while your away.
8:37 PM
Jeff:
do you like talking to me
8:39 PM
Kelli:
like i said before i seperate emotional connection... you know this.
dont worry i wont do anything to her.
why would i shes not worth the time.
8:39 PM
Jeff:
What mom and dad
8:40 PM
Kelli:
and dont be so melodramatic.
please spare me.
8:41 PM
Jeff:
What more can you guys do to her anyway
Kelli:
idk.
Jeff:
Then why make threats
8:42 PM
Kelli:
you tell me ... i didnt know we effected her that much... although that is a pleasent thought
i didnt threaten you, i said she wont be bored.
8:42 PM
Jeff:
what does that mean?
8:43 PM
Kelli:
hmmm i hope you protect yourself while your gone.
8:43 PM
Jeff:
what are you talking about kell
8:44 PM
Kelli:
jeff you know all. so im not going to educate you.
not when it would feel like im droning on for my own benefit.
8:44 PM
Jeff:
kelli tell me and stop beating around the bush
8:45 PM
Kelli:
im not beating anyones bush.
dont worry while your gone ill have your back. even though i know you wouldnt have done the same thing for me.
Jeff:
what does that mean
Kelli:
but ive got a lot of friends.... scattered. so... itll be legit.
do you wish you married trish
?
8:46 PM
Jeff:
f no
8:46 PM
Kelli:
or wish i never told you anythin about her while you were in tech school so you could have come home to a perfect... ish... or whatever relationship
...?
then thank me for trish... walk away and someday... you will know what im talking about.
8:48 PM
Kelli:
in the mean time. focus on what you are doing overseas... dont focus on anything else. youll have enough on your plate there. just try to keep yourself safe.
i have to go. dont let me get to your head too much. dont get me wrong. i have a lot to say and i know a lot... and ive realized being quiet about things... makes observing things... much more fun.
but... until im RIGHT. im not right. so... im going to go ut when im right... youll know.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CODYSMOM_00
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:24 AM

sounds like thay are planing something while he is gone, i would save these e mails. can you show them to your family?

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:24 AM

She sounds very unstable and, if possible, I would get out of the area while hubby is deployed. He is being deployed an she is filling his head with crazy thoughts? That is not a safe or good idea. For safety, I would move out of the area while hubby is gone. WOW, she definatley sounds off her rocker.

Alison_C
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:27 AM

It looks to me like she might try to make it look like you're cheating on him while he's gone. Just my observation. I've dealt with a lot of that crap before.

CarolinaMom2006
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:27 AM

HUMM i THiNK SOMETHiNG MiGHT BE UP, BUT iM NOT SURE, DO YOU AND HER GET ALONG?? HAVE YOU AND HER EVER HAD iSSUES OR ANYTHiNG LiKE THAT?? YOU SHOULD MOST DEF KEEP THAT iN UR COMPUTER, GOOD LUCK!!

HeartofGold
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM

She sounds psycho and I would be worried. It sounds to me though that it may be just all talk. I don't know how I would handle that but sure enough your hubby needs to put his foot down and let her know that he will not tolerate any threats of any kind or even that kind of talk about his wife from her. If she keeps it up he should cut ties with her until she can mature up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

mlg87ok
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM

That's what it sounds like to me especially since she was talking about his ex.

Quoting Alison_C:

It looks to me like she might try to make it look like you're cheating on him while he's gone. Just my observation. I've dealt with a lot of that crap before.

Afmommywife
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:30 AM

i aggree  with the other women but i wouldn't tell any one but people u can trust not to tell her where u are going or way she could find out were u are going and if u live on base and they can't get on unless the have a pass or a sicker on their car that one of the good thing i love about being on base my enemy's could never get one unless i let them on

Lexxy25
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:32 AM

He is not planning anything with her because he is the one that showed these to me. He is concerned about what she might try to do while he is away. I too got the impression that she might be trying to make it look like I'm cheating while he is away. He just talked to her on the phone and she asked if he would have access to our money while he is overseas. Why would she ask that? Is she planning on having me killed. I'm really worked up right know! I'm really scared, his family is not stable!

juniebug69
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:35 AM

YES This does sound like a threat.  You and hubby should both make copies, and file a report with the authorities.  Both regular cops and Military Police.  I pray for your safety. 

{O-Sheila}pink ribbon

Lexxy25
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Quoting CODYSMOM_00:

sounds like thay are planing something while he is gone, i would save these e mails. can you show them to your family?

Yes, I can show them to my family because they already know his family is obsessed with me. I filed a R.O. in July and got the temp. I dropped it before I got the long term R.O. because they agreed (outside of court over the phone) to attend family counseling with me. However, now they wont go. These people really scare me. I even keep journals just in case something happens to me, then there will be a record that I thought they might hurt me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)