• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training???

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:54 AM
  • 2 Replies

ok so my son is 2 and 1/2 and i have been trying to potty train him all summer and it seems to be taking forever and its hard to do. the daycare helps but during summer he only goes on tues and thurs. so idk what to do.....any advice?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:19 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Toddler Moms
All about Toddlers

The Potty Training Moms Support ...

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

4everus
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Back in the day everyone said kids potty trained at 2, ok well good for them, you will wear yourself out if he's not ready!!!! I have a 14yr old and a 3year old and run a home daycare, and let me tell you at about 3 or sometimes 3 1/2 a light bulb goes off and they potty train. Developmentally if he's not ready then its just makes it harder and harder on you and him. When you do decide you should go with it and not go back with diapers. He may hide around corners when he goes and you think see he knows but developmentally it just comes to him he hasnt gain the control to know its coming and hold it to get to a toilet so he hides. If its not coming easy at this moment after 2 or 3 days, if he's not telling you he needs to go then stop potty training give it a few months and try again but when he's ready he'll go and it will be a much easier process, notice I said easier not easy. Like I say no kids graduate not potty trained so he'll get.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)