Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are my plans to big for me?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:01 AM
  • 5 Replies

haha well sorry im posting alot. lol but i am only 16. here are my plans for my future and things im doing now to help them. tell me what you think?

future:

i want to be an RN in the maternity ward at ashland hospital.

i want to go to college at ashland university.

i want to have a nice house with nice stuff.

i want a family that sits down at the table for dinner and a family that spends time together.

if possible when my son is older i would loooove to be a soccer mommy.

Now:

i am in a program at school that gets me into either Ashland univ or NCSC right out of HS. and gives an automatic job in a hospital in the field i will be in.

i am spending time with my little family as much as i possibly can and we always sit at the table together already.

i already have lots of nice things.

my hunny is in cullinary arts (he is an awesome chef!) and he is doing his best in school (same goes for me).

so am i doing everything ok? do my plans sound too big for me to handle? any advice?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
erika_wright
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:05 AM

im a teen mom also. i was married and pregnant at 18, baby right after 19, and bought a home at 20!

its very do-able.

nothing is standing in your way if you are determined. you just have to stay the course.

stfnyprz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:40 AM

I WOULD SAY NO BECAUSE YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK ALREADY! GOOD LUCK

GOBryan
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:58 AM

You seem to have realistic goals and the fact that you do have goals says something about you. Which is great!! Many really don't plan ahead, they just wish and hope it works out and play it by ear.

As long as you put those goals to action and start off on the right foot, there's no reason you can not accomplish them.

fcangel9
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:07 AM

I am a teen mom as well and your goals are completely in your reach.  I am 23 now, my son is 6 and we have a great life, we dont own a home, but we do have everything else we could ever want/need.  Good luck to you mama, you can do it!

itsmesteph11
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Actually, those sound like realistic goals and could be anyones goals, with or without a child, married or not. Keep in mind though that things change and you may have to adapt. It will be ok to change your mind or rearange things. After all you had a baby way to young but youare doing what you need to do now while still planning for the future. Very few can go through life in such perfect fashion.  Take it one step at a time and you and your dh and child will go far.

From time to time, we have been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. But if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else? All of us together, in and out of government, must bear the burden."

Ronald Reagan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)