• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of South Florida

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:05 AM
  • 1 Replies

If you live in South Florida, and have a special needs child, I have some GREAT referrals. My son has seen so much progress from these wonderful people and I would like to share the opportunity with all of you. If you are interested please let me know and I will share their contact info with you. My son has a much better quality of life and a brighter future now b/c of the hard work from these individuals.

We have a wonderful occupational therapist here in South Florida. She works out of a clinic with wonderful equipment accessible. She not only works on the sensory input my son needs, but she has also helped him to advance in fine motor and social skills. She also offers aqua therapy where she does OT in the pool, and she works out of a ranch where they to therapy with horses for children with disabilities. She is licensed and takes insurance.

We have a fabulous certified speech-language pathologist who has been extremely effective with my son. She visits the home, for those of you that have a tough time keeping up with therapies, this is a great advantage. She works very well with children, getting them to open up to her and cooperate during the sessions. She also customizes the sessions for each child's unique needs. She works to improve speech, language, social skills, cognitive development, academics and eye contact.

We also have an outstanding private tutor. She is a certified teacher trained to teach children with autism, and although she teaches during the day, she does private tutoring sessions during evenings and weekends. (Which is a great option for working parents and hard to find these days.) She has a GREAT affordable rate, and is extremely skilled in getting children to show their potential. She works on IEP goals to help children achieve success throughout the school year.

I would love to pass along these ANGELS and help your children as they have helped mine. It is so important to have an effective and successful network of services for your child with special needs, and I know how difficult it can be to find the right ones that work for your situation. If you live in South Florida and are interested, please reach out to me and I will share their contact info with you. They have made such a wonderful impact on my son's life and I know they will do the same for you.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:54 AM

wave

Hi,

If you'd like to find CafeMom members in your area, click on this Newcomers Club thread... Newcomers Club - Find Moms In Your Area - Click Here!.

Hope that helps!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)