Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeah...me again. No drama this time.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, my son ripped the skin off his pinky toe btwn the 2 toes on Sat but stomping on his dumptruck. Yesterday, took him to the doc and found out it is infected.

My dilemma is, how do I keep it covered? They want me to stick gauze btwn his toes to soak up the seepage and change it often. My son is 2 and refuses to leave it alone, even with tons of tape on it. I can't put socks on him like everyone is recommending because the doc says that will make his foot sweat and cause the infection to get worse.

So....any ideas?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
squidsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM

sandals? Lots and lots of tape?

mommytoG
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Well all wrapped up in gauze its going to cause it to sweat too. I say put the gauze on it and put some tape on it and the put a thin sock on it and tape it to his leg. try and keep him distracted from it as best as you can.

Or do the sandal thing

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
alwaysyoung
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Quoting squidsmommy:

sandals? Lots and lots of tape?

PandTsmomjuly
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Ok, I think I got it. I found and went through my husband's army issued medical aid bag. Found some HEAVY DUTY medical tape. If I have problems peeling it off the roll, I'm sure he won't be able to get it off his foot.

I thought the gauze and tape would make it sweat too but the doctor said that it shouldn't and to keep socks and shoes off him, period, and gave me the evil doctor eye. If this tape doesn't work, I'm going to have to put a sock on him and maybe just turn up the AC to keep it cooler in here.

Think that would prevent sweating?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)