Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you usually RSVP? Poll

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:10 AM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you RSVP to parties?

Options:

YES

NO

Sometimes

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

I usually do.  I'm just asking because this Saturday is my DD's birthday party and we invited the girls in the class to come.  I sent invitations out last week.  Which is earlier than other parents send them.  My DD will get invites like 3 days before the party which I really hate!  Well so far no one has RSVP.  Should I be concerned?  I would hate to get everything set up and then no one shows.  My DD would be so heart broken.  I know I'll have it set up either way b/c I know not everyone RSVP's but it's stressing me out some.  Oh to top it off my DD just got in invite to another bday party that same day.  Different hours though but it was a boy.  So I can understand that his parents didn't know about my DD b/c I only have the girls coming.  I wanted to invite everyone but I'm doing this on my own and I think that many kids would be too much on me! 

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwo0720
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I think it is very rude not to rsvp. My dd's birthday is in a couple of weeks and most of the people that are coming have already rsvp'ed. I hope the people have not forgot about it. Good luck.  

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I ALWAYS do! It's a pet peeve of mine. I think it's sooooo disrespectful to not RSVP. However, no one seems to do it for my parties. For our June bday party, I think something like one out of every ten people RSVPed.

Mom             Dad         Chazz (7y)   Rocco (4y)    Joey (11m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti-abortion, SAHM who still loves her  tattoos, piercings, makeup and hairdye.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I'd hope not.  If that happens I won't do this again!  I'll just stick with the family bday parties.

Quoting momoftwo0720:

I think it is very rude not to rsvp. My dd's birthday is in a couple of weeks and most of the people that are coming have already rsvp'ed. I hope the people have not forgot about it. Good luck.  

GabriellaM
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I'm not perfect about RSVPing, but I ALWAYS try to. I can't stand when people don't RSVP.

squidsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I RSVP, but I also know that not everyone does, so when my daughter had her party, I asked people to and if I didn't hear from people by the time it got close, I either called or sent an email explaining that I needed to plan on food, so I needed an approximate head count.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM

The only problem with that is I don't know any of there numbers or emails or the people really.  I met some of them last year once but that's it.

Quoting squidsmommy:

I RSVP, but I also know that not everyone does, so when my daughter had her party, I asked people to and if I didn't hear from people by the time it got close, I either called or sent an email explaining that I needed to plan on food, so I needed an approximate head count.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Hmm well it looks like most people RSVP if coming on here.  So I guess I'll just have to wait it out.  I hope people didn't forget.  I know I didn't send it out too early! 

sampsonbabe
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Since having kids I have gotten so bad at not RSVPing or calling with regrets...I forget. Not a good thing and it is rude.

However in my years of planning there is a

swizzlefiz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Did you put an RSVP by date?  B/c it not, they will RSVP an hour before the party.  Actually even with an RSVP by date I've had people not RSVP until an hour before the party.  I'd have DD ask the girls if they are coming ... get them to hound their moms about it.

AmelieH
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I always RSVP and then depending on the event, write a thank you note.  People who do not RSVP are either lazy or disrespectful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)