Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I still be dieting???

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:16 AM
  • 6 Replies

My hubby and I are TTC as of a week ago. I was on Wieght Watchers since January and have lost a total of about 45 lbs. I am 5'6 and now weigh 135 lbs or so. I am at a healthy weight, but I also dont want to blow up like a whale because I have stopped dieting... (im kinda strict about my food intake lately)... but I also dont want to hurt the chances of getting pregnant or hurt the baby because Im watching what I eat and exercise. What should I do?? I know if I stop being so careful Im going to gain weight... its a given.

mommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
squidsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I think you ought to watch what you eat and exercise. You'll gain weight when you go off of weight watchers because it's not like they show you how to eat properly. You get all the same things, pizza, pasta, burgers, etc that make you gain weight to begin with. That's why people gain when they go off these diets. I'm a total disbeliever in dieting. I think people need to just eat well and then there's no issue. So, change your eating habits and exercise and that won't hurt your chances of conceiving. Women eat well and exercise and get pregnant on a daily basis.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM

You're fine. Now's a great time to watch what you eat. And be careful when you're pregnant too. You only need 300-500 more calories. So don't use it as free rein.

The PP is right though, watching what you eat should mean eating healthier foods and excerising, not using a diet plan that sets you up to fail when you stop it. You have to change your eating habits.

Mom             Dad         Chazz (7y)   Rocco (4y)    Joey (11m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti-abortion, SAHM who still loves her  tattoos, piercings, makeup and hairdye.

coral407
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:22 AM

As long as you are not taking any diet pills, I would go ahead and keep watching what you eat and exercise.  If you are watching what you are eating and maintaining your weight then once you become pregnant you only need to add 300 calories to your daily diet.  You can also keep your exercise routine while you are pregnant unless your dr advises not to.

Good luck!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Destiny1403
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Weight Watchers doesnt give you food to eat. They do teach you how to eat right. You just track everything through a point system, but I wouldnt be eating anything different really. Its not special food. They do teach you to eat healthy

mommy
squidsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I must have been thinking of Jenny Craig, sorry. As long as you're eating healthy, you're fine. I, personally, wouldn't keep up with the point system. Since they teach you how to eat healthy, I would go by that and throw away the points.

Quoting Destiny1403:

Weight Watchers doesnt give you food to eat. They do teach you how to eat right. You just track everything through a point system, but I wouldnt be eating anything different really. Its not special food. They do teach you to eat healthy

sampsonbabe
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I know WW does allow pregnant and bfing women extra points...I would ask them about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)