Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEEDED A LITTLE ADVICE...PLEASE(PREG Q:updated)

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:30 AM
  • 17 Replies

So, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me.

My DH and I are trying for baby #3.

I had my period on Aug 5th and ended on Aug 8th. I have a normal 28 day cycle.

Anywho...the past 5 or 6 days I have been super nauseated (nauseous however you use the word) and very tired. I have had a little bit of tenderness in my pelvic area. The nausea is REALLY bad. I feel like I want to puke every morning. then it will subside. Then again...subsides. I'm like this all day. Could I be pregnant? I don't want to psych myself out about this. Personally I feel like its too early. I just got off of my birthcontrol almost 2 months ago. (Dr said its fine to try. my BC was low dosage) I want to schedule a dr's appt but I want to know if im pregnant or not. I dont want to go to the doctor too early. (my co-pay is $50. so I want to go when I know I can get good test result. Instead of going too early and having to pay twice. I just cant afford it right now.)

Does anyone know what I should do? Anyone have any advice? Or maybe been through this already?

[UPDATE:]

So I was going to just write a whole new post but i figured it was in the same genre.

Today I have a lot of pelvic tenderness. To the touch it hurts. I have to sit down slowly cause it hurts my pelvic area. I have small cramping here and there. But, I'm very uncomfortable. I don't really know what is going on. Has anyone had this? I'm wondering if it's cause my period is coming next week...Or if its a pregnancy sign/symptom. Anyone care to take a stab at it? It's bothering me and I actually am REALLY uncomfy.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:32 AM

go to the dollar store and pick up a few tests. Take one when you get home. If its NEG then take the other in the morning. If that one is still NEG wait a week and take the other as soon as you wake up. $3 is better then $50

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Here i did an ovulation calculator for you

http://www.babyhopes.com/pages.php?pageid=23

Wednesday 5th August 2009 - First day of your cycle

Sunday 16th August 2009 - A little bit fertile

Monday 17th August 2009 - Fertile

Tuesday 18th August 2009 - VERY fertile

Wednesday 19th August 2009 - Time to ovulate

Saturday 29th August 2009 - A home pregnancy test may work now.

aelopez
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM

THANK YOU! I completely forgot about the dollar store. I'm just so scatter-brains lately.

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

go to the dollar store and pick up a few tests. Take one when you get home. If its NEG then take the other in the morning. If that one is still NEG wait a week and take the other as soon as you wake up. $3 is better then $50

aelopez
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Thank you so much. That helps...and really freaks me out too. haha. Hubby and I have been at it a lot lately. We didnt have our other 2 kiddos this weekend and the past weekend. Their grandmother from out of town wanted them both weekend. So, yeah. Sorry if thats TMI. But, heh yeah

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

wilmoreswifey
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Yeah they even have the one dollar preg test at Dollar General, that's how me and my 2 SIL all found out we were prego. My friend works in a lab and she said those are the same ones they use. I would just wait for a little bit, if you don't start your period next month then I would go to the doctors office.

CafeMom Tickers

armyProud wife of a soldier!

wilmoreswifey
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

I wouldn't 100% trust the ovulation calculator, I am 23 weeks pregnant and when they measusred my baby at 8 weeks they said I got pregnant like the day after my period ended so when we found out I thought I was just barely 4 weeks when I was really 6 weeks. So just be careful if you don't get the results it says you will on the particular day. For 7 months we followed the ovulation calculator and never got pregnant, the next month we decided to just let it happen when it happens and it did, maybe I just ovulate weird haha, but anyway just thought I would share! Good Luck.

CafeMom Tickers

armyProud wife of a soldier!

aelopez
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Yeah, I think I'm going to wait to go to the Doc. I'd rather be a little more sure I guess.

So, those Dollar Store preg tests really work? I was always skeptical

Quoting wilmoreswifey:

Yeah they even have the one dollar preg test at Dollar General, that's how me and my 2 SIL all found out we were prego. My friend works in a lab and she said those are the same ones they use. I would just wait for a little bit, if you don't start your period next month then I would go to the doctors office.

wilmoreswifey
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Quoting aelopez:

Yeah, I think I'm going to wait to go to the Doc. I'd rather be a little more sure I guess.

So, those Dollar Store preg tests really work? I was always skeptical

Quoting wilmoreswifey:

Yep they sure do!  I always buy like 5 but they have always been correct, never had an unsure reading on them!

expecting baby Gunner Gauge Wilmore Dec 20th

2murphyboys
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:42 AM

You could actually just have the flu. There's one going around that makes you think you're preggers. I had  it for 2 wks and I did seriously think I was pregnant again (I even have my tubes tied).

I still take a test to be sure.

aelopez
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I did think I had the flu. But we've been home lately. But, it doesnt mean I couldnt. I think I will take a test tonight and tomorrow morning....THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR ALL THE ADVICE.

I feel kind of nervous....and nauseousthrowing up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)