Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This scares the sh*t out of me.... elevated lead levels in my toddler!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

My son who is 20 months had a routine lead screening. Well the health department called and it came back almost 3 times the normal levels!!! They are coming tomorrow to do a home inspection. Which I am grateful for...because I want to find out where it's coming from. On the same note it scares the hell out of me because of the things that can happen to him if his lead levels get higher. We rent so I don't know much about the house we live in, such as age etc. I feel like such a bad mother. I know it's not my fault and that it's something that isn't too uncommon, but I feel like I didn't do enough to protect my baby. Anyone else have a toddler that has had or has  high lead levels? If so any advice? I'm so scared for my little guy!!!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cmb121906
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I'm so sorry!! GL w/ everything!! Try google to get some info or webmd. At least since you rent, the owner will have to get rid of it and you will probably have to stay somewhere else for awhile. Did the health dept say anything about you still staying there as of right now? My son's doctor checked him in Jan. just as a routine b/c we live in a much older house. It came back normal thankfully.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown!

Mrstzallen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:10 PM

All the health dept said was until they come to keep him from the window sills and make sure he washes his hands a lot. I'm sure I'll find out more tomorrow when they come. I have done so much searching on the web and have found a lot of information and it's bascially says the same as the lady from the health department said. Thank you for your input...I'm not getting any responses on her I was hoping to get some feedback. Thanks again!

Quoting cmb121906:

I'm so sorry!! GL w/ everything!! Try google to get some info or webmd. At least since you rent, the owner will have to get rid of it and you will probably have to stay somewhere else for awhile. Did the health dept say anything about you still staying there as of right now? My son's doctor checked him in Jan. just as a routine b/c we live in a much older house. It came back normal thankfully.

cmb121906
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:29 PM

BUMP!!

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown!

Mrstzallen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Am I the only one that is experiencing this? No feedback, advice, words of encouragement...nothing?

mommytoG
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM

What about toys that he plays with and stuff. Even though they have not been recalled, there are lots of toys that have lead in them. So not only could it be from something in the house it could be that.

FYI Ladies: Did you know that they lipsticks that stay on and dont wipe off have high levels of led in them?

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
Parkermomma44
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM

My baby is only 9 months old so IDK I'm sorry

bump

Mrstzallen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I'm hoping they will test those too. I didn't know that about lipstick...hmmmm...glad I don't wear any. Thanks for your input. I will hopefully get more information tomorrow when they come to my home. Thanks again

Quoting mommytoG:

What about toys that he plays with and stuff. Even though they have not been recalled, there are lots of toys that have lead in them. So not only could it be from something in the house it could be that.

FYI Ladies: Did you know that they lipsticks that stay on and dont wipe off have high levels of led in them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)