• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

broken toe w/ pics

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

yesterday i jammed the inside of my pinkie toe on the door frame. I heard it crack. It swelled up really bad but when i put ice on it the swelling went down. When i woke up this morning this is what it looks like. And it hurts sooo bad and is still a little swollen. Now, i have big feet (size 12!) so i am always stubbing my toes, but its never been this bad. My BIL was here when it happened and he said he broke his toe but the doctor said theres nothing to do about broken toes but tape them up so it heals straight, so he said its not worth going to the doctor. Have any of you broken your toes before? and did you go a doctor? I dont want to waste my time if all he is going to do is tape it up, when i can do that here. Thanks.

This is the front view

side view where i hit it.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cmb121906
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM

He's right, nothing can be done. Just keep some ice on it for the swelling.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown!

squidsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I know that a doctor won't do anything for it except tape it. If you want something for the pain, you would need to go to the doctor. That's about all they can do for you, though.

2milesboys
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM

your BIL is right they cant do anything and its a waste of copay.... tape it up real good and take pain killer for pain Good Luck

MalachaisMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM

All i can say is ouch. i have never broken my toe before but that looks like it hurts. i would just call your doctor and see what he would do, if he says hes just going to tape it, than just dont go in. goodluck and heal fast.

feralkitten
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM

is your toe same Shape and  is there  hard lumps as it may be dislocated or a  none lined up brake and that would need fixed

MommyAkaTiffany
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I broke my toe when I was a teenager, I stubbed it chasing after my little brother. The doctor couldn't do anything, it hurt so bad at first a could barley walk on it. After the bruising was gone it still hurt and a friend of mine pulled it really hard and it popped and the hurting instantly stopped (like it was dislocated or something).Something to keep in mind, Feel Better!

I am a stay at home, with one beautiful, smart & happy Daughter, trying for baby number two (!!!), back in school for nursing, breastfeeding, Young and the Restless watching, pro-choice, arts and crafty, baby-wearing, fun loving, found the Man of my dreams, happy Mommy!!!

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I broke the smae toe on the same foot when i was younger..... almost ripped my whole toe off actually.

I was 14 or 15 and playin tag with my younger cousins. I went to jump over a big green plastic flower pot and caught the inside of my pinky on the lip of flower pot and broke my toe and ripped it. Had to get it stitched back on. Nothing they can do for the broken bone though.It hurt like a bitch though !

Keep it elevated and iced for a few days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)