Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Want To Stay Home!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM
  • 19 Replies

I want to be a stay at home mommy, without the staying at HOME all day long part. I'm very a social person and my husband and I are finally stable enough to where I can stay home, go to school online, and cut out DAYCARE all together. My only BIG problem is I don't want to stay home all day long. We are wanting to TTC after she turns 2 (she's 14 mths now) I need to know of stuff we can do aside from just gong to the park!

So what do you stay at home mommies do?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imapepper
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM

playdates!

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM

when i was a sahm we did mommy and me playdates with our kids under meetup.com check it out! now i am a working mommy wish i was a sahm again sometimes

my reason for getting up everyday she is 3 and she is my world.

ray1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM

I take my son to Gymboree, music class and art class. We go to the parks, have playdates, and run errands. Sometimes, we go to the library or bookstore for storytime. I must be busy (hate being home) with him, as well!

LovesPinkk
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM

we have a lot of playdates with my friends & their kids.  we, of course, go to the park.  we've gone to the zoo a few times. we go for walks. we go to the beach. we go to the mall or run errands. we visit daddy at work. we visit family. depends on what you're up for.

ashleykilleen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:54 AM

We go to my moms house alot she has a big yard and a pool for him to play in we go to the park and run errands together.I only have one girl friend with friends who lives far away so we dont get to set play dates. My son is 2 now so we have what we call "dates" and we will have lunch together at panera bread or something like that. We always find something to do together.

-ash

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

baby1love
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I have stayed home since DD was born (Jan. 2007) we usually stay home in the winter since I hate to drive in the snow . In the summer we play outside, go to the park, library , swim lessons, zoo, my parents house to play and just hang out at the house.  

CafeMom Tickers

2milesboys
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:12 PM

stay home we only have 1 vehicle that dh takes to work

LeanneC
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:21 PM

We have a great playgroup that does all sorts of events... park playdates, theme playdates, nature  classes, art classes, pump it up, the zoo, discovery museum, farms... 

Check meetup.com to see if theres a playgroup in your area... or just check out what you have locally so far as art studios, nature centers, farms... museums, zoos, etc...  We also do classes through the rec center sometimes.

darbie2008
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:46 PM

meetup.com has some really great groups on there just look in your area ..i have found two really good playgroups in my area a big one that does alot of meetings and a smaller group that doesnt do alot but i tend to hang out with them more after the meet up is over with

cecilianchipper
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM

We go to the campground I grew up at to go swimming or we go to the park.  We also have a little pool out in our front yard.  We'll invite the neighbor and her kids over and play in our little pool.   I met a Mom here on CafeMom that is local and we get together sometimes at a park for a playdate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)