• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

True Fit convertible car seat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM
  • 10 Replies

I just bought The First Years True Fit Convertible Car Seat and it works great, but I can't figure out how to get it to tilt back more??? My son is 7 months and it sits him more straight up than his infact car seat so when he sleeps his head dangles....to me this doesnt seem right since this seat is meant for 5 pounds to 65 pounds. I can't imagine a newborn being sat that straight up. Anyone have this problem and give me some advice? The directions are so confusing! lolThanks a bunch!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Infant/Baby Groups

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Lauraxox
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM

i bought it 2 days ago!! i love it..but i didnt try to tilt it back though,but i do have a question too...u know where the chest clip is. well when u click that to the bottom clip it seems like the side of the clip digs into her legs.. i dont know why.. do u have that problem??

SouthALMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Is the line on the carseat lined up parallel with the ground outside your car? If so and the bottom is flipped then it is setting like it should.

Digging into legs...From time to time it seemed like it was doing the same for my son but when I put him in correctly and placed the staps on his legs where they needed to be, the digging wasn't a case for us. I was one of those that in a hurry would forget and then get him out and he'd have marks.

I am a stay at home, breast feeding, kisses and hugs giving, chubby baby loving, happily married, co-sleeping, attachment parenting, anti-CIO, vaxing, disposable diaper using, PCOS having, baby wearing, sale item buying, in college mommy who believes in and trusts THE TRINITY (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:20 PM

You can use pool noodles or a rolled up towel under the front of the carseat. This allows it to recline more, but I would definitely get your install checked by a tech after. I just have one pool noodle (I cut it in pieces to use under each True Fit) under each seat, although some people use more than one but you must tape them together if you're going to do that.

Do you have the reclining foot piece in the right spot?

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

CamdensMom12
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Its digs into his legs too! IT seems to be tighter on his legs then his chest! it's stupid! lol

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Do you have it installed with LATCH?

If so, did you change the LATCH belt so it's in the rear facing position? Did you get it checked to be sure you threaded it properly? That belt can interfere with the way the harness sits if it's not in there properly. Does your baby have fat little legs?

Quoting CamdensMom12:

Its digs into his legs too! IT seems to be tighter on his legs then his chest! it's stupid! lol

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM

i have this seat as well and i like it BUT

a)its a PITA to loosen and tighten the harness RF

b)the leg straps dont SEEM to bother DD, but to me, it seems like it would hurt

c)i have to use, well its not a pool noodle, i bought something at babies r us specifically used to help the recline in RF seats

other than that, i love this seat! she is 21 pounds though, so im going to have to put the headrest back on soon!(i was dreading that cause she is in the middle seat, and it will make it harder to get to my other DD)

lundaylove
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM

To the OP- i have two true fits! i love them! To get a proper install, you can either use rolled up towels or up to 3 pool noodles taped in a pyramid shape. Youll place them under the front of the seat so it lifts it up and reclines the car seat.

To the others with the problem with the crotch buckle being too tight. Make sure nothing is preventing the harness from getting it really lose or twisted. Then pull it all the way lose and then tighten it back up. If it still is too tight then check and see which position the crotch buckle is at. the 2nd position seems to fit better for my kids, we never used the 1st one. If neither of those things work then idk...we dont have any problems with the buckle part being too tight across their legs.

CamdensMom12
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM

yes he's got fat legs and he weighs 25 pounds at 7 months old

Quoting Randi02:

Do you have it installed with LATCH?

If so, did you change the LATCH belt so it's in the rear facing position? Did you get it checked to be sure you threaded it properly? That belt can interfere with the way the harness sits if it's not in there properly. Does your baby have fat little legs?

Quoting CamdensMom12:

Lauraxox
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:42 AM

i tried to fix the crotch bucke it says " push" and that button isnt working! i cant seem to fix itt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)