• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help asap update

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:45 AM
  • 12 Replies

my son has epidermolysis bullosa and if you dont know what it is Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) is a rare disorder caused by a mutation in the keratin gene. The disorder is characterized by the presence of extremely fragile skin and recurrent blister formation, resulting from minor mechanical friction or trauma.

now over a week ago my son was circumcised and tolday when i took his diaper off i saw a blister where the cut him now my hubby is 3hrs away my car is broke down and in the shop and i have no one to talk to me the doc now my question is should i put something on it till hubby gets home?

now i called his doc and im waiting for them to call me back but while i wait would like advice my son is clearly in pain he is just crying and wants to be cuddled all the time

update

the doc called me back this morning and said to bring him in at 4 so after i talked to them i gave my son a bath and there was another blister on the top of his penis and his whole penis is one big bruise im so worried my son is going to have to be put back in the hospital.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwaysyoung
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM

bump

JADIEBUG
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I would call a cab to take me to the Pedi. I would not sit around and wait on hubby.

maryinger
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:47 AM

do you have any neosporin with pain relief? if not use some vaseline or something just to protect it from his diaper rubbing against it. and ask the pedi if you can give infant's tylenol.

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I would do the opposite and try to keep everything away from it is much as possible until you talk to the doc.

truely914
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Quoting maryinger:

do you have any neosporin with pain relief? if not use some vaseline or something just to protect it from his diaper rubbing against it. and ask the pedi if you can give infant's tylenol.

I ditto these ideas.

Beautiful__mama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM

im just scared of his diaper rubbing it and opeing it and im still waiting for the doc to call me

Beautiful__mama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM

ya i have both

Quoting truely914:

Quoting maryinger:

I ditto these ideas.

ALDmama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:52 AM

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!!! OMG! BUMP!

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Keep the diaper off. Just stick a towel underneath him for absorbancy and drape a light sheet or pillowcase acrossed him so he isn't getting any friction on it.

Quoting Beautiful__mama:

im just scared of his diaper rubbing it and opeing it and im still waiting for the doc to call me

Beautiful__mama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:54 AM

thats a good idea thank you

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Keep the diaper off. Just stick a towel underneath him for absorbancy and drape a light sheet or pillowcase acrossed him so he isn't getting any friction on it.

Quoting Beautiful__mama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)