Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies who've had a 2nd c-section

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:30 PM
  • 19 Replies

So in less than a month I am going to have a 2nd c-section done. I'm kind of nervous. My first was two years ago w/ my first son. I was in a lot of pain but I healed pretty quickly and did great. I hear that the 2nd hurts more cause of scar tissue. Is this true? I'm just looking for some advice from some of you ladies who have had a second; what it was like and recovery. I want to breastfeed and I keep reading that you have to put the baby to the breast right after birth, but remembering my first c-section, I was passed out from the drugs right after surgery so how will I be able to give my son the breast ? All the advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleykilleen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM

BUMP i am having my second c-section in january so i would like to know too!

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

LaurenMarie2307
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I have had 2 c-sections, 3 year apart......the actual surgery wasnt more painful, actually less painful for me bc I didnt have to go thru 48 hours of labor beforehand!   The only thing that was worse was that I seemed to bleed a lot more than the first! Also, after my c-section, they  brought my daughter into recovery for me so that I could try breast feeding...Ask your doctor if they will do that, and if they dont, def request it! It helped a lot with bonding, and also seeing my daughter made me forget about the rest :)

GL

sheshe777
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Well after my first c-section and they put me under i could not remember anything and could not breast feed untile the next day. Well after my second c-section I asked the doctor could he not put me to sleep and they let me stay awake while they closed me up. And I was able to BF my daughter a little while after. 

Tinkerbell Looking Cute

ashleykilleen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Quoting LaurenMarie2307:

I have had 2 c-sections, 3 year apart......the actual surgery wasnt more painful, actually less painful for me bc I didnt have to go thru 48 hours of labor beforehand!   The only thing that was worse was that I seemed to bleed a lot more than the first! Also, after my c-section, they  brought my daughter into recovery for me so that I could try breast feeding...Ask your doctor if they will do that, and if they dont, def request it! It helped a lot with bonding, and also seeing my daughter made me forget about the rest :)

GL

I hope it get to have the baby in recovery this time they took my son to the nicu after they got him out so it was just me and dh in recovery my spinal also wore off during the last 15 minutes of my section so they kept pushing the morphine untill i was numb again.

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

phenomenallyMe
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I had my first son emerg csection, my second natural and my third a planned csection.  The best birthing experience I had was my planned csection.  They gave me a spinal(which I was terrified of).  I did not feel anything.  The spinal did not hurt.  I got to hold my baby right away.  It was wonderful.  My recovery was alot quicker than my first csection and I do not hurt anymore than I did before. 

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.~Mother Teresa
stevi3905
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I was prepared to in a lot of pain after my second c-section and it was actually better than my first. I was up and walking around after a few hours. I had heard that the second one takes longer to heal but for me it didn't. I had my c-sections 14 months apart.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

Wifey2Watson
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Both times the surgery itself didn't hurt and it went really quick. Afterwords I was more sore the 2nd time around. I actually had to take the pain meds while I was in the hospital after my 2nd child was born. Other than being a little more uncomfortable, I didn't really notice many differences. 

mommy2boys03
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:53 PM

For me the second was easier to recover from than the first because I knew what to expect.  As for breastfeeding I breastfed both my boys.  They brought the boys to me in the recovery room and I nursed them there.  So it can be done. Let every nurse that is working with you plus your doctor know that you want to breastfeed and not to give the baby a bottle while you are in the recovery room.  They baby doesn't have to nurse the second they are born.  Just remember the more you walk and get up the better you will be.  I was up and driving with in a week of having my 2nd c-section.

Bubby_LeilaBug
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM

My 2nd was much easier :)  I was only in the hospital for 3 days vs the 6 days with my first :)  Just try to get up and walk as soon as possible...it really does help ;)

maddys_mommy_ny
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I had 2 c-sections, the only problem I had the second time around was that they couldn't do the spinal because of scar tissue in the epidural space. they tried 7 TIMES to get that darn thing in before I had to scream at the doctor to use general anesthesia. I didn't have any more pain the second time or anything like that, I thought actually the second time was easier than the first. Good luck to you!

pregnancy calendar
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)