• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is that even legal?!!! I feel so terrible for this poor child!!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM
  • 32 Replies

So there is this poor excuse for a mother that lives in my neighborhood. She is constantly in and out of jail and passing her four children off to anybody who will take them. The last time she went to jail she was pulled over and arrested for DUI and had seven minors in her car including her four children and none of them were in seatbelts or car seats!! Yet she found some way to work the system and CPS has NOT taken her children. Anyway I found out last night that her five year old dd is supposed to star school tomorrow but, because the mother hasn't bought her any school supplies the school refuses to allow her to attend untill they are purchased!!! This poor little girl is being denied an education because her mom is a moron!!! I thought there was programs in place to help kids like this. Infact I have dropped school supplies in boxes at Walmart!! Poor girl. An education is the only shot she has. She begs my neighbor all the time to keep her and not send her back to her mom yet no local officials are doing anything to help these innocent children. I am disgusted and deeply saddened right now. I can't believe the school can be so dismissive to this poor child!!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM

No, I do not think it is legal they really can not deny anyone an education at least where I am from.  

ELEMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM

That's what I thought too. But the school actually told her not to start school tomorrow and wait untill she has the supplies! What happens to all the supplies that are donated for needy children like this?

Quoting laurag8707:

No, I do not think it is legal they really can not deny anyone an education at least where I am from.  

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM

That is messes up, the school has to allow her to go. What a poor excuse for a mom. I thought that is why schools ask for supplies through out the years for students like that 

JADIEBUG
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Is she going into Kindergarten? Is Kindergarten mandatory for your state? Some states it is not mandatory for kids to go to kindergarten.

cute_mommy19
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:42 PM

how did u find out about all this?

Quoting ELEMommy:

That's what I thought too. But the school actually told her not to start school tomorrow and wait untill she has the supplies! What happens to all the supplies that are donated for needy children like this?

Quoting laurag8707:

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:44 PM

The only reason that I can see for this to be legal is that, in most states, Kinder is npt a mandatory grade.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

ELEMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM

They had an ice cream social last night and she is supposed to be in the same class as my child. The little girls mom didn't even take her my other neighbor (the one who winds up with her kids when she goes to jail) took her and the teacher and principal were telling the little girl that she could start next week when she has supplies. My neighbor and I decided that we would split the cost of four outfits and supplies so she can go but neither of us get paid till Friday. This poor child was bawling! And to PP yes kindergarten is mandatory where I live

Quoting cute_mommy19:

how did u find out about all this?

Quoting ELEMommy:

Quoting laurag8707:

darbie2008
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM

document all you see going on you and our naibor turn it in to cps thats all you can do on that end  its up to cps to do something nbut you can always call them bout it ..i have to do this with a family i lived next to for over a year for the longest time they would find out about them coming for a visit and clean up for that day  but after they left it went back to normal baby with the diaper on all day never changed and i could smell the aprtment all the way down the hall it was bad till finaly they did a surprise visit  ...and if kendergarded is not mandatory then she doesnt have to go but it is sad that ppl spend extra money of there to donate supplyes and this litttle girl doesnt get to see the benifits of that

Shantesia2009
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:52 PM

lesliebb says to go to the school and tell them whats going on. and ask why all these supplies that get donated cant help her get in school. call your dhs office and see if they can help. 

imapepper
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I think it's actually illegal for school age kids not to be in school (unless homeschooled of course) The parent can't keep them home without giving them an education and the school cannot deny them their education

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)