Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my four year old still...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

has cradle cap.  How can I get rid of it? 

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momtoamo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Limit the sugar intake.  Rubbing olive oil into the scalp and letting it sit.  Then gently comb hair and wash as normal.

"Abandoning the children in the forest to feed ourselves/  We will all stay more healthy if we do not distribute wealth/  Aimed friendly fire/  There is only greed living the life that we desire/  As we set sail across the raging sea/  Unconquerable by reality....."  Anti-Flag.

dkaam05
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I always used baby oil and a comb.  But if it keeps coming back have you went to the doctors to get something stronger?

Come join my group.  For Sale, For Trade, For Free!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/forsalefortradeforfree

Katy_Lentz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Agree with the 1st poster...But honestly I would have it looked at-sometimes an over-production of yeast in the body can cause something like that and be confused as cradle cap. This can happen in boys and girls

Good luck and God Bless

I am a SAHM to 2 adorable little boys-Austin Lee(2) and Elijah Kaid(3mo.)! I am also the wife of an amazing man who works his tush off to provide for us-Curtis Lee! I am a Christian who tries my hardest to not judge! My life is anything but easy and I love it:) I stay positive so I can always be someone that friends can turn to when they need to smile! My Husband is my best friend, my kids are my pride and joys, and my friends can always be counted on!

'Life isn't about waiting on the storm to pass, it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain'

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

medical questions

Children's Health Issues

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

drinkme8184
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Quoting momtoamo:

Limit the sugar intake.  Rubbing olive oil into the scalp and letting it sit.  Then gently comb hair and wash as normal.

Typically, the only sugar she really has is in fruit.  But I am curious, what does sugar have to do with it?

mrs.kidd83
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

my daughter had it when she was younger. i got baby oil gel  and put it on her head, let it sit for about 20 min and then used a fine tooth comb and it came right out good luck 

Dimepimp
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Well did you use vaseline? You should try it if not.

mrs.hartman05
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM

My pedi. had me use selson blue on my kids 3x a week.  Let it sit on their head for a few minutes, but dont' get it in their eyes...it burns bad!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)