Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

I cant believe its almost been a week. These have been my grandmas neighbors since forever. Please pray for Dannys family and the girls family.

WENTZVILLE, MO (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - An act of kindness turns to heartache for Danny Bampton's family. As they traveled down State Highway P, near St. Paul, just before 1 p.m. on Wednesday, little Danny saw an animal in need. Police say his family pulled into a relatives driveway so Danny, 9, could rescue a duck from the winding two lane highway. Trooper Jeremy Potocki said, "From what the witnesses recalled, and family members told us, he picked up a duck on the northside, then ran across ad put it in a culvert. He ran across the road when he was struck."

The Missouri Highway Patrol says an 18-year-old girl was behind the wheel of an older model Suburu.

"It was just an accident. We don't anticipate anything or criminal in nature. Based on the evidence scene, we don't think she was exceeding the speed limit," said Trooper Potocki.

Dozens of family members rushed to the scene comforting and consoling each other. Danny would have been a fourth grader on Monday at St. Joseph School in Wentzville. Principal Dwight Elmore says he was an outdoorsman and an outstanding young man, "He was a great kid, you could count on him to do anything, he would do it and go right back to what he was supposed to be doing. I trusted Danny. He was a good boy."

+=

im an engaged,teen,vaccinating,tattood,ps3 gaming,prolife,full time college mommy.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
othermom
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM

How sad.

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Thats sad, but why would a parent let their 9 yr old run across a highway ?

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I was thinking the samething

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

maryanna1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM

And on a two lane winding highway?  Seriously? I mean it's sad...but obviously dangerous. 

Quoting BOOGIETHEBOOG:

I was thinking the samething

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

sheena20
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:16 PM

How would you let your kid run in the highway?? thats sooo sad...i take it the little boy didnt make it..? im so sorry its soo sad just b.c of one mistake

Mel30248
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM

This is very sad however, I cant help but wounder as to why a 9 year old child was running across a highway? How about that poor 18 year old girl that hit him? It wasnt her fault she was just driving along & suddenly she kills someone, she will also have to live with much grief over this.

babyjohnson1028
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 2:14 PM

it says hwy but its not really. its a country road. and the part that he was hit at is acutally very straight...not defending her but its usually really quiet road.

+=

im an engaged,teen,vaccinating,tattood,ps3 gaming,prolife,full time college mommy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)